2016 Upstate South Carolina Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by bud121156, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

We did for KMSP in May! See y'all there.

2. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Well crap! That must be the ONLY Black Friday I missed looking at!! [:(] [:(]

Oh well, still be there!!

[:D]

3. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

The cruise date is end of April, so that was the change in date so we booked for the rally too.

4. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

So you're going to make both the cruise and the May rally?? YAY!! Just don't fall overboard all snockerd and "winey"! LOL

Hope to see you at the rally!!

5. cham5

cham5 Member

We are from North Georgia and want to try to attend this rally. It will be a first for us. We camp a lot but have not attended a rally yet. I see the pot luck is around sites 42-46. What sites would you recommend? We don't really want to be in the middle of everything since this is our first rally but would like to be very near. For those that have been to this rally in the past or to this campground in general, I'd like a site that is level (within reason) and near a bathhouse. Suggestions??

Jeff & Angie (and Murphy, our four legged son)

6. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Hi Jeff and Angie. Most of the sites close by 42-46,are already booked. But, many others in loops 1 and 2, as well as loops 3 and 4 on the other side of the campground. Here is a link to some photos of the sites.

7. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Come on down...or over as it may be....
    23 24 28 should do you well
    56 57 58 I THINK are fairly level
    10 -16 on the outside loop are back in and level, the ones on the inside are tight.
    2- 8 are all good also but further away.

8. cham5

cham5 Member

Yetavon, site 52 looks like a pretty nice site in pictures. Any idea how it lays? And how far it is from the bath house? 52 shows as available

9. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

DO NOT reserve site 24!! It looks fine in the photos, but when I had it this past May, I had to put a ton of wood under the door side. Once I got the camper level, the loop Hosts were kind enough to lend me their home made wooden step because it was such a drop from my last trailer step to the ground! It even prompted me to make my own step to keep in the truck, just in case!!

I moved up to 27 this year. Basically right behind the bath house, but not so close as to have a lot of folks cuttting through!

10. cham5

cham5 Member

Thanks RotnMom, that's the kind of input I am looking for. I've never been to this campground but it appears none of the sites up on that loop are too far from the bathhouse. Is that correct? My wife likes to be close but not right next door. Probably going to make a reservation tomorrow and 52 looks like a fairly spacious site and the description says it is level (for what that's worth). If it's 75 yards to the bathhouse that's good enough for me. I DON'T want to get on any site that is gonna take a lot of work to level up though.

Jeff

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Jeff,
    Yeah, I understand, that's why the warning! LOL During reservations, the sites are sometimes reflected as "unavailable" due to trailer length. I had to add 2 feet to make 27 available to me! I just added the tongue length in, so I didn't have to fib.

There are actually 3, if I remember right, bath houses and a set of hosts for each. If the same hosts are at the same bath house by 27, you'll love them! The hosts up by the cooking area are very nice as well. I don't remember meeting the third set of hosts.

It's a nice place...you'll like it!

12. cham5

cham5 Member

My wife and I have reserved #52 for Friday night and Saturday night. I am debating coming a day earlier though so I may add Thursday night. We might also have our 18 year old daughter with us. Depends on her National Guard summer camp and drill weekends. We'll see. Oh and don't forget our big, brown, four legged son (Murphy, the German Shorthaired Pointer). Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are recent empty nesters and would like to connect with the camping community.

13. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Will be great to meet Y'all....

14. backinthegame

backinthegame If it ain't poppin, it ain't campin

bud121156 when will you need to know an exact head count and item to bring... We will have 3 for sure and 4 if the college girl wants to come...

15. bud121156

Kevin, hopefully Steve will get the official" rally boards up and running soon, making it simple to edit and update the info. Thanks for the update.

16. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Bud....just in case, I've started an Excel spreadsheet, 2 pages. One for Attendance and one for FOOD!!! Looks exactly like the automated list that is created. I figure since I have until October, I'll probably start posting, as an attachment, the sign up & food lists twice a month, or monthly - depending on sign up activity!

I'll gladly send the format to you if you're not familiar with Excel. Now that all the columns are set, you'd just have to type in your folks' information!

Give a holler if you'd like a copy!

17. bud121156

The cove is booked. [​IMG]

18. ironeagle81

ironeagle81 Member

Is there anywhere else to book?

19. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Howdy Patrick! The whole campground isn't booked, just all the sites around the feast area! Which camper are you bringing??

20. bud121156

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.