2016 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by mercman, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Jeff was hoping to shock everyone when we pulled in so act surprised. Lol

2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

It will be a challenge, because the little kid in me is jumping up and down. [:D] But my lips are sealed! [;)]
    Pat

3. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Im an awesome electrician after a few beers, ask the FD, they will vouch for me. Ill take a quick look at it when you get here

4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Ok we should be on are way shortly. With any luck we will be setup just in time to make the Beer tasting. SEE YA SOON!!

5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

We have made it. But could not find the way to the meet and greet/ beer tasting so I will bring the beer to the pot luck dinner. [:D]

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

YAY! First Rally in the books. It was great to meet everyone. We loved Hybrid Hollow. I have to get my mods done to keep up with the Joneses.
    Looking forward to future Rallies.

7. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Mercman, Thanks for the hosting the rally. Met some new folks Doug, Jim. Great food guys and gals !! Got to see some regulars and some we don't see often enough. See everyone next year. Don't forget the 2017 Maine Rally, you can reserve anytime !!!

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Yeah. I missed the beer tasting meet/greet. I misunderstood the location. Got in a little (maybe a lot) of beer tasting on Sat night. But the camper tours after the pot luck was great. Got to see how some of the other folks campers were laid out, see some mods, and consoled myself with the fact that my camper is no messier than anyone else's. [:D]
    Going to book the VT, ME, and RI rallies for 2017.

9. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Chris, thanks for hosting another great Vermont rally. The weather was almost perfect this year. It was nice to meet a few new faces, and old friends too. The food at the potluck was great, and I hope the beer tasting is a permanent event. Maybe next year Stephie will come with a working camper, so we can get there before it's all gone. [:D] In case anyone was wondering, my redneck fix for my roof vent held up great all the way home. We ran into some showers on the way home but no heavy rain. The new lid is on order all ready, as are 2 Maxxair II covers. We will be back next year for sure.

JimmyM, I don't see the NEPA rally listed there!

10. shelmily

I almost forgot. Here are links to the videos I took with my quad copter of "Hybrid Hollow". They aren't the best videos, but it's pretty neat to see the area. You may want to turn down the volume, all you hear is the props. Enjoy.

Video 1

Video 2

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Cool. Wow, my slide-topper really catches the water.

12. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

We had an awesome weekend! Great to see many old friends, as well as meet some new. I'd take this weather over a pouring rain weekend any day! Can't wait for next year!

13. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

shelmily, those videos are very cool ! Totally different perspective. I'm surprised to see that you are a 'gadget guy' [LOL]

14. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Cool videos, Mike!

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

[rolls eyes]

16. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

First and foremost, endless and eternal thank you's to Kevin and Mike for working so long on our camper. We know, we know, that's what our camping family is for but we are still grateful that you both took time away from the beer tasting and families to help us out. The pies probably weren't enough of a thank you....

We decided to bring the camper home for the week since we closed up in the rain and I have no faith in the dealership to take the beds down to let it dry. Jeff leaves for Dallas this week and will be back Friday night so we're going to bring it to the dealership on Saturday and leave it there for them to work on. We'll let everyone know how it goes.

Secondly, very cool videos Mike. Makes me miss the weekend and I think both Jeff and I are probably going through camping withdrawals already. We started looking at different places in MA to hold a rally there next year last night. I think some campground browsing will be in our future before it snows. I know we talked to a couple of people in Hybrid Hollow about getting together in May, maybe in NY and then hosting a MA Rally in July. Who's on board with those ideas??

Lastly, thank you Chris for hosting another great VT Rally. We will of course be back next year and I promise that we won't have any projects for anyone. :)

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Definitely interested!
    My wife is a little slow to warm up to strangers. More rallies will fix that!

18. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

We'd be interested in a rally next year, depending on when it is. When you know dates, please post them.. We're already booked up for some of 2017, and usually go into the new year with most or all of our season planned. You thinking private or state park?

19. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Haven't decided quite yet on state or private although I think we're leaning towards private because although I convinced Jeff to camp in cold weather with limited creature comforts, I don't think I can convince him to do summer heat without A/C. :)

Re: dates. Jeff needs to find out when his company's annual sales conference is. I am hoping that we can look at doing something July 14-16. Maybe I'll be doing the rally (that was Jeff's idea) by myself. [LOL]

20. shelmily

Gee Scott, what gave it away? [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

I'm glad everyone likes them. I thought it would be fun to give it a try. Luckily the rain stopped long enough to do it.

Stephie, you are more than welcome, Also, we would be in for a July rally, and or a Spring meetup somewhere. Keep us informed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.