2016 Washington Summer Outing (also known as Extreme Weather Rally)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Heartman_wa, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

With it rainig it made think that it's time to talk about next years Rally. The Idea was brought up about the coast. I think that a least there if it rains that normal, if its hot YEA. So if people agree or have other ideas lets get it going. Most campgrounds on the coast take reservations and fill up in December for June or July. That said Ocean City SP would be my choice.

2. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

I'm good with ocean shores. Even if we have lakes in the campsites.

3. MarPar

MarPar New Member

We would love to plan on joining you at Ocean City next year. We've camped there before.

4. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

We're going to have to bow out for 2016. I've promised my brother that we'd camp with his family somewhere in S. Oregon or NorCal next summer, and because of what's already on tap for 2016, it will likely be during the portal rally time frame. Should be back to normal in 2017 tho!

5. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

We're planning on it. We've never been to Ocean Shores SP but anywhere is fine with us.

6. Heartman_wa

Everyone please remember this is open to both other dates and other locations. The Washington coast in June can be wet and foggy. This CG is a urban SP. not an back country style. So if you have ideas please speak up.

7. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I really don't care for the coast in June. I'd rather do the mountains again or head farther east into the desert. I also don't like that CG. I posted a negative review of it here on the Portal a while back. Just my two cents.

8. Heartman_wa

Time for a bump. come on people speak up on what you would like to do and when. We had 3 great Rallies lets make it 4 in-a-row.

9. Popupbenji

Popupbenji Member

I always like and prefer blm or national Forrest myself I will do a little digging and see what I can find for good locations

10. sadayo

sadayo Member

Perhaps someone with the list of contacts can send a message to the previous attendees that 2016 planning is in the works? Or put a link to this in last years discussion before closing that to comments? Suggesting that since I'm just now seeing this and I had even been trying to keep an eye out for it! :)

I like that we've gone somewhere different each year.

11. Heartman_wa

I did put a link in last years post. I've been trying to find the list we made at the get together this year I put it away in a safe spot. [:(]

12. betancourtfamily6

betancourtfamily6 New Member

Would like to join again in 2016.. but with the kiddos I'd prefer a better shot at a drier CG... theres no guarantees I know, but the coast in June, bound to be wet.

13. Heartman_wa

This is just planning please through out ideas Nothing is set nether the date or the location.

14. brandee1228

brandee1228 New Member

My vote is Lake Wanatchee. I've never been there, but lake fun, along with a day trip to Leavenworth sounds like a great camping experience.

15. Heartman_wa

Instead of "through(ing) things out why don't we "throw" ideas out there. [;)]

16. betancourtfamily6

betancourtfamily6 New Member

We've done Lake Wenatchee many times, we like it but we have kiddos and this place makes it easy... ** fyi the spots on the south camp grounds just at the bluff can be mighty windy as the breeze hits the cliff side and shoots straight up and right into your camp**

17. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Just bumping this thread. Time is approaching to make reservations. I think towards the end of December is our window.

18. Popupbenji

Popupbenji Member

On another note fellow pup family would anyone be interested in a actual dinner potluck instead of desert I think if we have little games for the kids and we could have a big camp fire maybe have an adult beverage and tell stories I know we are still in stages of planning and fi ding a location still just an idea I felt like on the last talley we could have chatted a little more and creating a Enveronment where we have a fire and eat and set up games for the kids it would make for a good time

19. Heartman_wa

I like the idea of a dinner instead of just dessert. It's time for a change. I'm not sure a breakfast would work people get up at different times and many don't eat b-fast.

20. ThePats

ThePats New Member

Lake Wanachee sounds good to me, with also Leavenworth nearby - I'm good with the coast also...we've always played it safe and camped where it's drier tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.