Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Heartman_wa, Oct 7, 2015.
Do we have a attendance list yet made up?
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I have submitted the info to Steve to open the page. He is very behind after suffering a fall of a ladder. When he can he will get it up and I'll add all the names.
I did find us under "rallies being planned" on the Child Board. I think given it's been months since we've had the limit for an official rally and Steve is behind, it's unlikely we'll be listed by the time our rally rolls around. We're only weeks away. Could you just post the list on here, Mark? It'd be nice to see some "chatter" about it. The portal seems quiet and dead, especially given it's camping time. What's happened?
So I know I'm late this year but where u guys going. First week of aug? Been way busy with work.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Horseshoe cove campground. There is a link a couple pages back. All the reserved spots are taken but there are a handful of fcfs sites, plus a couple campgrounds real close
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
We're still planning to come, arriving on August 2 or 3. Unless a reserved space opens up we'll try for a FCFS site.
I'm scheduled to arrive on Thursday the 4th. I have site 12 reserved but plan to look for a FCFS site on the lake. If I find one my reserved site would be available.
Thanks, Tom! We'll probably be there before you but will keep your site in mind.
Hi people we're back in the land of internet for a few days I'll try to get in touch with Steve and find out about our status. We are traveling the west coast and are now in Oceanside CA. for a few days. We been to Reno, Yosemite the So.calif. rally in Kernville and are now down here. We'll be doing the CA,OR and WA coast on our way to our rally.
I took the TrailManor to the RV service place for some minor work and found a major problem. It's not something I wanted to hear but it's better that I found out in the garage than during a disaster on the highway. A weld on the swing-away portion of the tongue has cracked. The welder thought he could fix it but the owner of the shop was unwilling to do that because of liability if the weld failed. So, I have to buy a new swing-away tongue section from TrailManor. It costs $850 plus shipping!!!!! What's worse is that it is extremely unlikely that it will arrive in time for the August rally.
So, I will either miss the rally or go "old school" using a tent, air mattress and sleeping bag. That's what I am leaning toward doing but Kathy has said that she is a "no go" if a tent and sleeping on the ground is involved. She says she "got over" that years ago. Additionally, she recently injured her leg and now has pain and difficulty walking or getting up and down from a sitting or reclining position. We hope it's temporary but she was having increasing difficulty during our recent "lodge camping" trip to Alaska. She is making an appointment to see the doctor as I type this.
More later as things develop.
Disappointing news, Tom! But you're right; better now than on the road. If you decide to go ahead and tent camp, would you consider sharing your site with us? We'd gladly offer you a place to sleep in our TT but the dinette bunk is only good for a kid or very small adult. I do miss the convenience of the rear bunk in the the pup.
We could provide food storage and prep area if you like, though. Of course we'd be happy to share the cost of the site.
Please let us know what you decide.
Sure. If all the other sites are taken we can certainly share mine. We can work out the details after arrival.
Well we've made it as far north as Florence OR. so we should be there on the 4 or 5. We are swinging by our house for a day to swap out somethings and pick up the grandkids. Its been a wonderful journey so far. I still have not heard from Popup Steve about us being an "official" rally but we are going to treat as if it is. We have a lot of pic to share of our travel's.
Yay! We'll see you there. We're just south of Redding CA now and will the spending the night near Mt. Shasta. Then on to Oregon tomorrow. Should be at Horseshoe Cove anytime from the 2nd to the 3rd, depending. Safe travels!
Update on my trailer situation. Since the fix my regular RV guy recommended was so expensive I decided to do a bit more research. I called another RV place I've used in the past and they suggested a welding shop in Tacoma. They send all of their welding there. So I checked with them and they can do the job and for a LOT less than the $1,000+ it would cost me to get a new TrailManor part. I cancelled the part order and took the trailer there. I'm hoping that it will be ready in time to use it for the rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Excellent! That's great news, Tom! Here's hoping your TM will be ready to go for the Rally.
Great news, Tom. I hope all works out and it's back in time. See you soon.
I called this morning and it was done! I just returned home from picking it up. Looks like they did a great job, including the addition of an extra piece for added strength. So, no ground tent for me. See you Thursday.
Awesome! We'll plan to be there Thursday as well. Right now we're about an hour or so south of Corvallis, OR where we'll stop for the night.