2017 3rd Annual Maine Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Davylee, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Sorry Pat, that one went right over my head. I am so used to playing fish with Shelby, that was the first thing that came to mind. I think I am going to auction off the seat right next to me. I bet Jeff would pay handsomely for it. [LOL][LOL][LOL]

2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I think that Shelby might differ with you on this one--she certainly asks to play fish, but doesn't always gets her wish...

Do none of you understand the concept of 'dibs'?:eek:
    "A claim to the right to use or enjoy something exclusively or before anyone else"

For the record, I called 'dibs' on May 30th:

[​IMG]

However...
    In the spirit of generosity and good will, I am willing to rescind my prior claim to 'dibs' in this instance, because I strongly feel that everyone should have the opportunity to share the great joy that I experienced during that memorable game of 'Golf' at Schodack Island SP. :D

...and, quite frankly, I'll get just as much pleasure watching the shenanigans from across the table![LOL][LOL][LOL]

Let the games begin...:p

3. shelmily

LOL, that is very generous of you Pat! I do understand dibs, it's just like calling shotgun though. If the other person wants it more, or is bigger than you, you can say it all you want, but you are still sitting in the back seat. [B)][LOL][LOL]

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yep! Looks like Jeff will definitely be sitting next to you! I'll be more than happy to be a back seat driver!;)

5. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

Well, I won't be able to make the Maine rally this year :(

Our family is required to "volunteer" at a local event (Franklin County Field Days) as part of our kids hockey association requirements. If you don't "volunteer", they bill you $50 an hour. As per my usual luck, it's the weekend of the rally so I have been waiting for the sign up so I could pounce on the hours Wednesday and Thursday. They finally put up the sign up for slots at 2100 last night and EVERY SINGLE SLOT is filled until Saturday afternoon. [:(!]

Anyway, we may try to do some local camping so it's not a total loss, but it's still disappointing. I hope you all have a great time and I guess I'll see you in September!

6. shelmily

You are such a slacker Josh. You really need to get your priorities in order. What's more important, your kids, or your camping? [LOL][LOL][LOL]

Just kidding! Sorry you can't make it. Have fun "volunteering". We will see you in Vermont, hopefully... :p

7. VTRailroadguy

If I had any idea what I was getting into, they would be playing basketball instead of hockey!

Lily was invited to a tournament at Jay Peak Resort weekend after next and we had plans to camp at Jericho Mountain State Park in NH. *face to palm* This time around we can cut it short and still go for a couple nights, though.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Made sure I'm associated with this group. All set. Can't wait. CT Rally first though!

9. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Active Member

I’m puzzled
    Davylee, post #1: “Dates: 08/04/2017 to 08/06/2017”
    Davylee, post #4: “Yes, the plan is to do lobsters (Not Free) on Thursday night.”
    Soggydollar, post #36: “.. will arrive Thursday afternoon ... Count the two of us in for lobster.”
    Davylee, post #37”: “I'll get the lobster count closer to the rally.”
    OK, I think I understand.
    It sounds like the lobster is an added cost option to those arriving by the evening of Thursday the 3rd.

C. VanHart, post #38: “.. coming in sometime Friday …. Not sure what we can do for the pot Luck yet ..”
    OK here too, I think..
    The pot luck, as mentioned in prior years events, is Friday evening (the 4th) and apparently is separate from the Thursday ‘early arrivers’ lobster option.

But then
    JimmyM, post #55: “.. Arrive on the 4th… ”
    Davylee, post #56: “If you are there for before 530-6 you can join us for Lobster ..”
    So, are the references to “Thursday” not correct? The lobster option is part of the communal pot luck on Friday?

Davylee, post #87: “Stay tuned for more information coming soon.”
    Please? I need to know if I should request just Friday off, or Thursday and Friday.

10. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Okay Lobster is "I pick it up and you pay me for it" currently scheduled for Thursday (3 August) night. Friday night (4 August) is a Meet & Greet at my site 6:30 till 9:30ish, snacks, but no meal. Saturday night (5 August) is the pot luck, which is still a pot luck at the moment. I have been giving thought to lobster instead or in addition to the pot luck since it is a smaller group (less than 10, currently 7, thanks to Josh not sucking up to enough people to get on the hockey list earlier LOL ) Not sure if that is clear. It looks like I got some dates mixed up, hope this clears it up.

11. Davylee

Lug Nut you are reserved for Friday and Sat night at the moment so you would not be there for lobster on Thursday without adding a day. Basically I get a count for lobster, than divide by the number of people to determine the cost per person. Currently lobster is about 5.99/lb and we get 1-1/8lb lobsters. We usually eat around 6. Other folks bring corn or something to go with it, and we eat at my site.

12. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Active Member

Got it (finally....)
    She and I will arrive Friday as per the prior plan.

13. Davylee

I hope to be there before you to properly grade your skills [}:)] So don't rush up. [:D]

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Dang. I don't get there until Friday. I better practice before. I'm on #26

15. shelmily

Bring it on buddy! [LOL][LOL]

16. VTRailroadguy

17. Davylee

:tongue:

18. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

It looks like we will probably not make it to Maine this year ( booooo !). Our week of family camping / vacation starts the following weekend, and financially, it doesn't look feasable to do both. Last year we were able to, but this year doesn't look as good. We are still on for Vermont, so hopefully we see many of you there.

19. shelmily

You slacker! Now who is going to give me crap about Ogunquit? Oh wait Dave is still going... :p Anyway, we better see you in Vermont.

20. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

I'll still razz you about hanging out ( pun intended!) @ Ogunquit.... don't you worry. I will miss my traditional birthday dinner at Mike's Clam Shack too [:(!]

Not sure Dave will miss me though..[}:)]

We will make Vermont a couple days early, I think wed. night or thurs. morning, so you will get to enjoy me then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.