2017 Ontario Summer Rally Door Prizes ..

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Snow, Jul 7, 2016.

Do we keep them, drop them, increase amount or lower the amount of the Members donated door prizes..

Poll closed Oct 5, 2016.
  1. Keep the door prizes! We love the idea

11.1%
  2. Toss the idea...I get stuff I don't want or will never use!

66.7%
  3. Raise $ limit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lower $ limit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mixed feelings...I will comment

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Try to get a feel on if the member door prizes should be kept or dropped for next years summer rally .. Please cast your vote and leave comments.

2. ChrisandKeith

ChrisandKeith New Member

I would vote to drop it. I have everything I need for camping, and if I don't I buy it. I wonder how many of us got something we can actually use? Maybe I am still in the wilderness camping mode where you only bring what you really need since you have to carry it, but I get very fussy about what I pack. I don't really see the point of spending $30 on something that may be of no use.

Keith

3. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

I think it's a fun thing to do but I can see why some people would want to drop it. We had a pretty good prize to donate this year but needed to cancel out last minute. We will put it away for next year if it is still going.
    As a side note......we did this for a large family Christmas gathering for a few years, and it was quite obvious that some people put more thought or work into their prizes. (We did it where you had the option to swap your gifts before they were opened). Some of the prizes were a waste of time and money. Not saying that is the case with the rally door prizes but it is possible this may happen.

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Toss the idea...I get stuff I don't want or will never use

I don't like this option, but I do vote to 'Toss it'.

As it turns out, I won the Grand Prize, (once again, thanks to Jeff for making it available for a second time), and also won a fantastic regular door prize.
    Having said that, I still vote to scrap it. A couple of months ago, the subject came up, and the question was put to me, asking if I was interested in participating. I didn't really want to, but I said 'if everybody else goes in it, I would go with the flow'.

I have a hard enough time thinking of gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Mother's day, ........The last thing I need on my plate is to run out and get stuff for a rally as well. As said by others, if I need something, I just go out and get it.

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

My proof reader suggested that, it is better then what I originally had..

The Lynx Levelers were part of the Corporately donated door prizes. Which I had 6 prizes in total (4 items from Tri-Lynx, one item from Globetrotter RV and one from Coleman Canada. I kept the two biggest for night 3 and gave out 2 prizes each night..

^^^ This is the door prizes being discussed here..

IIRC that was sometime in late April or early May.. Everyone at the time who was confirmed as attending was asked and decision was made based on that ..

Why do you think, I would post in late September early October that most stores were having their seasonal clearance sales.. Did the samething in December as the Christmas stuff was sold off and again just after march break when the spring sales would start ..

7. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I voted to toss the idea. As durhamcamper commented above...yes, it is fun...for the first year, possibly last year, as well.
    To Greg and I, camping is about relaxing....finding ideas that haven't been taken yet, or confirming that there isn't too many of one thing and not enough of another....not so stressful as it is tiring.

I have to agree with ChrisandKeith as well....$30 may not seem like a lot to some but to others...it is. And it's a lot when that item may be of no use to someone. And chances are...probably more then a 50/50 shot, that we have no use for it.

Wrenchgears point was well-made....it's not that we don't have options when we need to think of something....store sales are plentiful....but we don't necessarily WANT to go out and think about it....it's also the time it takes to go out and do it. Some of us just don't have much time during any given week. I have enough issues trying to pack the camper and make sure we have everything we need...adding more stuff to my plate is not high on my list :) (lol)

If you want to keep the corporate prizes...whatever. It doesn't matter to me. Yes, winning the Lynx Levellers package last year was great, but if we didn't, we would still be using wood. (However, I know you are only discussing the member door prizes here).

That's my opinion...!

@durhamcamper - You two were missed this year....would have been great to see you both. [:D]

8. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

Thanks Mel
    Yeah, it was a last minute cancellation. I was thinking about the rally the whole weekend. [:(]

9. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

i seem to have missed lots. Very good points Mel ;) [8D] [:D]

10. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Snow...is this the same question for this year? Any thoughts?

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Think we will drop the member door prizes ..

I have the few other places to knock on the doors of and see if they are willing to donate something again this year ..

Which reminds me.. if anyone from last years rally has any pictures of the rally would you mind sending me a copy..

12. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

No problem!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.