2017 ranger 15. adding front stabilizer jacks

gmtech

Oct 5, 2020
anyone know what size front stabilizer jacks to get? I know the rears are BAL but I cant find what size or where to buy. I found these on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M6D4QFY they get good reviews but im worried that they might hang down to low in the front and catch on things.
The closest BAL ones I found were 22inch and 200$ for both! and didn't come with the pads.

WrkrBee

Super Active Member
May 23, 2018
South Carolina
4" retracted sounds about right. Ours is about that size. I like the "special rolled edge makes them heavy duty" and "special reinforcement stamping". You get a drill guide sticker, also.

Aug 27, 2018
Elizabethtown, IN
Maybe measure the rear ones and get the same size? My question is how to mount them. I couldn’t figure it out on my 2015 Ranger 15. Need to see how they installed on an Expedition, I guess.

DMichael

Apr 4, 2017
I'm curious about what drill bit folks have used to get through the frame? I tried to put stabilizers on another popup and none of my drill bits could get through the frame.

SteveP

Super Active Member
May 21, 2015
Use a bit designed for metal and spray it with oil while drilling. Also helps to have a plug in type 1/2 inch drill.
You can sharpen drill bits by hand on a grinding wheel. YouTube. Been doing it for 40 years.
If you have a variable speed drill use a lower speed for hard steel, I keeps the bit from heating up as much and it will stay sharp longer. Takes less time in the long run.

Strawhouse

Let’s Go Camping!
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario 🇨🇦
I'm curious about what drill bit folks have used to get through the frame? I tried to put stabilizers on another popup and none of my drill bits could get through the frame.
I installed 22” front stabilizers on my Ranger 15 OffRoad in 2018. I used a step drill bit. Easy peasy! They’re avail individually and in sets at Amazon and most hardware stores.
654496CD-D8CC-4FA6-BC32-B0F953474286.jpeg

Tait

May 1, 2020
I drilled the bumper to install a rear-view camera.

My HSS drills would not do the job (even with lubrication and a new, albeit inexpensive, bit).; I bought a cobalt bit and it went through in just a few seconds.

gmtech

Oct 5, 2020
NHlakes . thanks does the original jack handle work for those? looks like it will from the pics

nhlakes

Oct 15, 2011
DE and NH
NHlakes . thanks does the original jack handle work for those? looks like it will from the pics
Yes, same (3/4?) socket size as the originals. I never used the handle. Takes seconds to use a cordless drill and same socket works on the BAL leveler.

(Sold my Aliner to PointyCamper a few years ago. ;) )