2018 5TH ANNUAL ONTARIO SUMMER RALLY.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Ah, yes—but funny ‘peculiar’ or funny ‘Ha, Ha’....
    Perhaps a little of each...:rolleyes:

ccptbo likes this.
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Figured I'd update things seeing how our part of the loop is almost full..

upload_2018-2-5_2-5-50.png

9 Sites still available for any members or guests to join in the fun.

Black = Sites of members attending the rally
    Red = Unavailable sites/booked
    Green= Available to be Reserved

upload_2018-2-5_2-8-44.png

Other half of Heydon Way. 4 sites available.

Still a number of site available in the rest of the Riverside Campgrounds as well as a large number of sites available in the Westside Campground (both electric and non).

3. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Snow.

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Sites 85, 86, 90, 92, 93, 107 and 123 are the last remaining sites in the loop..

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Looks like This will be a weekly update..lol

Currently there are 5 sites remaining in the loop.
    85, 86, 90, 93 and 123

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Just went and checked on the Park map and it looks like Heydon Way sites 70-125 have all been reserved.. So that leaves the remainder of the park for anyone else who would like to attend..

Heydon Way loop sites 126-153 Only 144 and 152 available.
    The two non-electrical loops in the Riverside Campground are still wide open and there are a handful of electric sites in the main part of the campground.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Well almost mid April, time to start lining up the storage tubs of trailer stuff and the pantry food we load up in the spring and get ready to dewinterize in the next few weeks. .

8. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

There's a long way to go before my Pup will be able to come out of winter storage. It's just in the shop in my back yard, and I see it everyday when I'm in there, but it's covered with other summer things all over it. All the boat seat cushions are laid out on top of it to keep mice from getting at them in the boat, (I've never had mice in the boat over winter, but....). Pup is also covered with patio furniture seat cushions. There's a bunch of other related camping items laying on it as well, such as, fishing equip., beach chairs, beach umbrellas, bla bla bla. This is all on a heavy moving blanket so the roof doesn't get scratched. I've been picking things up through out the winter too. New small single burner butane stove, LED interior lights, tire repair kit for road side repairs on Pup or TV, new 'ceiling light' for in the kitchen tent. I've got to get this all into the Pup when I can get to it. Also bought some new shoes (or beach sandles) for it on nice new aluminum rims. I have to get those on it. BUT, it can't come out of the shop until the grass is firm enough to drive on. There is my old ski boat parked in front of the big shop door, so it needs to move out of the way first. My backyard water drains away in that area, so it stays mushy there for a long time. I need the sun to come out and start drying things up. COME ON SUN!!

ccptbo likes this.
  9. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

My pup is stored in the garage. I have it covered and has a bunch of stuff on top of it. Nothing too heavy but not able to put it away until the pup comes out to live in the driveway. ( I always swear this won't happen but alas, it always does). Once it comes out, it takes up some prime parking so it won't be happening until mid-May. That will give me a month to do the pre-season inspection, lubricating etc before our first trip on Fathers Day weekend. I need a bigger driveway.....or a double garage.

ccptbo likes this.
  10. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit Member

Hoping to attend, but can't reserve until we know where we'll be. We sold our house and it closes May 18. We haven't found a new place yet! The housing market is brutal! We just might have to camp around in our pup for a couple of months. Darn it!
    Sounds like the campground is getting pretty full. Do any of you stay beyond the weekend? I suppose I could book and cancel and pay the cancellation fee. There's one site available July 1 - site #123

ccptbo likes this.
  11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Normally, we book into the campground for a day or two after the rally due to me using vacation time to get the weekend off (week vacation = 14-15 days off) except this year as we too are moving, new house closes the 25th of June, current house closes July 9th.. so very busy two weeks ..with 5 days of camping in the middle..

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Long over due update for the Rally..

One non-reservable is still available (first come first serve) in the Heydon Way Loop.. Several non-electric sites (all reservable) are also still available.

13. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Getting closer! We are looking forward to seeing everyone again! A year seems to go by much too fast! Especially when it's been 2 years for some! Rainy day here, but all I have left to do is load the fridge for this weekends KoTS rally. And finish work for the day!

14. Sparky_78

Sparky_78 Member

Well, another May long weekend in the books. Was a great weekend in Algonquin, rain Sat, but no bugs all weekend [:D][:D]. Miss Aubrey and a great first trip and the inaugural run for the HTT was fantastic. Here we are less than 6 weeks out until Rally weekend!!! Can't wait, considering we've missed the last 2 years.. [V][V]. Can't wait to see everyone again!!

ccptbo likes this.
  15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

16. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit Member

Found our new home in Peterborough! Finalized the deal last Monday and we move in on June 2 (possession May 30). If all goes well we just might make it to the rally. Our business property closes June 28 so it might be tight. It's been a busy few weeks, and we're both looking forward to getting out camping.

ccptbo likes this.
  17. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit Member

Can't believe you didn't have any black flies! We're in the Haliburton area and they were out in full force starting last week. Where in Algonquin did you go? So jealous.

18. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

We were just south of North Bay at my Mom's for a work/ATV weekend. The black flies weren't too bad until you started working them up out of the ground. If you just sat still in front of a campfire, you were ok. I did a bunch of lawn repair and refilling of small ditches from where the snow plow pushed all the snow. I have to fix that up every spring up there. As soon as you start scraping the dirt, all the flies come out to see what you're doing. Also stacked a bunch of fire wood that a guy split for mom back in the Fall, that got the black flies going as well. BUT, no mosquitoes.

19. Sparky_78

Sparky_78 Member

We were at Rock Lake. No nothing, no black flies or mosquitoes. Monday morning by 10 the black flies were waking up, good thing we were leaving lol. Noticed then at the sanitation station and when we stopped in Bancroft.

20. Redbird234

Redbird234 Member

Hi

It’s Redbird934, I am now Redbird234. I was logged in with my old email and when I forgot my password I got locked out.

We had one night out for the long weekend as I have to work Sundays until Fathers Day. Can’t wait to out camping again.