2018 5TH ANNUAL ONTARIO SUMMER RALLY.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

It will be discussed later this fall. From feedback I got some would like to see it pushed back one weekend due to how busy the parks are on the long weekend.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Oh oh, I think I just got out voted. It sounds like city council already made up their minds, just like on the septic inspection issue. Doh!

3. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

If this gets pushed back a week it might really work out for anyone planning to attend multiple rallies. The Niagara Falls area one looks like it will likely occur not the July 4th weekend but the following one (just my guess based upon initial polls) It makes sense to skip the Canada holiday on the Canada side and the US holiday on the US side to make reservations a little easier and the stay less chaotic .

May I ask how far in advance do the Provincial parks take reservations? Thank you!

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

You can book our Provincial Parks 5 months to the day in advance.

Not yet you haven't...lol Two deciding factors will come into play.. my schedule and then the will of the people.. So everyone who attended or attempted to attend this year will be asked for their input as to dates and location each will have 3 choices.. Only the KoTS and TGG are decided solely by me.. [LOL]

5. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Downside of avoiding the holiday weeks is that some people can’t justify travelling long distances-or across the border—for a 2-day weekend. Of course, this doesn’t apply to me, since I’m retired. Just looking out for my Peeps!

ccptbo, Sparky_78 and PopUpSteve like this.
  6. JunkyBurrittos

Sure. Well we'll just see where things land and maybe we can come, depending. Hope to meet you all!

7. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I actually liked the idea of pushing it back a week. But we can do whatever is best for the group and what most want to do.

8. JunkyBurrittos

For anyone considering attending multiple rallies, the 4 Mile Creek Rally in NY near Niagara has been firmly set for July 12-14th. I had seen a thread where a couple people were considering attending both. So if this rally gets pushed back to 7/6-7 we will definitely be interested. We understand though if this wouldn’t work for some. We just couldn’t take two full weeks off to attend both.