2018 Arizona Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Hoomi, Sep 6, 2017.

Preferred Venue

1. Alamo Lake State Park

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kartchner Caverns State Park

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. One of the Colorado River Parks (need early decision to get reservations)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Somewhere else (add suggestion)

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Sounds like there is a lot to do in the area. I think I'll skip Sedona - I do too much damage in the quilt shop there. (Have been a couple of times, from Flagstaff or on the way from Tuscon to Flagstaff with friends.) I've been trying to convince my husband to bring one of his bikes on the trip, since it seems like there is a good number of bike trails, including one from Dead Horse Ranch to Red Rock SP.
    We'll enjoy the bird watching, though we do it for more fun, so aren't real birders. I took the catamaran tour at Patagonia SP last year - a whole tree of cormorants was fun to see.

2. AZbubs

AZbubs Member

I would much prefer to boondock. Otherwise may as well go to Walmart parking lot, IMHO.

3. Sarge

Sarge New Member

anytime works for me

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Hoomi, who was going to head up the AZ Rally, hasn't been seen on the Portal since sometime in Oct.
    I am willing to be the touch-point for a meet-up, still at Karchner the first full weekend in April, 6-8. I'm being a bit selfish, since I live in ABQ, and will be in Tucson the 2-6.
    I will start another thread, called Spring AZ Meet-up, or some such, with other details. If there's enough interest, we'll make a go of it.