2018 Hershey RV Show and Camping

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by MrsSquid, Jul 27, 2018.

1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Not much canvas again this year. Walked the whole lot, almost 4 miles. Talked with reps from Columbia Northwest, Jayco, Coachmen and some of the vendors. A great day here at Hershey, mostly blue skies for a change.

The lot full of big shinny RVs and the lone PopUp Camper.
    4077937-charlie-brown-christmas-tree-wallpaper366466512.jpg

2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Ok, so the DW and I got to the show on Friday and spent about 5 hours walking around inside Giant Center (vendors inside) and outside. Lots of great rigs out there for just about everyones desires! Even though we are not in the market for a pup we just had to look at them. Since we purchased our pup in 2008 they have come a long way. Don't fool yourselves into thinking folks aren't buying them. Lot of folks looking at them and talking to sales folks with paperwork.

Friday was overcast weather so it was nice not having the sun beat down on us like it did on Saturday.

We were mostly looking at TT's and motorhomes. We came wanting to really look at Jayco TT's, but ended up really liking a Mesa Ridge 2410 TT. Nice layout and the quality and amenities we felt was better than Jayco. They came with a 170 watt solar panel setup. Now, we did walk around for about 5-6 hours on Saturday and we really started to leaning towards class A motorhomes! Some great layouts on those we really liked. The length we are leaning towards is about 30-32 feet. We figure by the time we purchase a new truck (F150/250 w/ diesel) is about 65K. The TT we liked is about 35k. Now, getting that setup down and around our driveway is really tight and might have to remove two trees. As opposed to a class A for the price we looked at was 98K. That will come down our driveway and be able to swing the turn around with no issues. Also, the setup for the class A compared to the TT is much easier. We enjoy traveling on cross country trips and do a lot of one nighters as we travel to and from our destination.

Now, if you do plan on going to the show next year I would suggest going on Wednesday-Friday. The crowds are good and parking is much easier. Saturday parking you had to park across Hershey Drive and it was in a grass field and let's just say it's not the most organized! We saw a guy in a van get stuck in the mud!! It's also a long walk and you have to wait for them to stop all traffic to cross. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes before we could cross! Crowds on Saturday were just crazy to say the least.

It was really nice being able to see and sit in the rigs to get that touchy feely thing. I suggest to do all your research at home, but until you are able to go in and see the rigs first hand it really does change your perspective on things. We went thinking we had a good idea what we wanted, but soon found out those plans got changed with all the different choices out there. So realistically we figure we would purchase in another 1-2 years. But I think we will be going to next years RV show.

Sorry to not meet up with you Steve! It would have been nice to meet you.

PS - Make sure to wear comfortable shoes. We walked about 4-5 miles on Friday and another 4-5 miles on Saturday!!

PopUpSteve likes this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I got there at 9am and got a spot real close to the main entrance and sailed through. When I left at 1pm the line was several hundred yards long. Remember, you have to go through metal detectors, so like at the airport, they create a real bottle neck.

4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Yup, forgot all about the metal detectors! We got there on Friday about 1 so it wasn't bad. We got there on Saturday about 10:30 and it was already beginning to be insane!!!

PopUpSteve likes this.