2018 Jayco Jaysport 10SD - any good ?

JR71

Feb 2, 2021
Hey guys about to pull the trigger on this model. Any thoughts on it and it's build quality? A called a local dealer and he said the Jaysports up to 2016 he would avoid becuase they were built more cheaper then the Jay series. He said anything 2017 and older were good becuase Jayco dropped the Jay Series name and the Jaysport got enhancements starting in 2017 and as such the 2018 is good model. Any truth to that? Any comments in general are welcomed! Thanks

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Personally I found that all Jaycos went downhill after being bought out by Thor Industries. At one time Jayco was known to have a good product. Can't say the same from what I've seen. Then again they are all about the same cheaply made, plastic parts, no qualify control sadly. Not sure if this will be a problem for the future, but Jayco is no longer making popups so you may come to a point it will be harder to find parts or even rv shops willing to work on them for lack of available parts.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Maybe but this site has it rated #1
We are not trying to discourage you, just want you to make an informed decision so you can form your own opinion based on what you physically see and not from everything you read. Personally I feel that site doesn’t have it in any particular order or judging by other characters such as warranty perhaps and not necessarily longevity or better made. 2019 was the last year Jayco made popups but perhaps the end of the year 2019 production was classified as 2020. That site is however a good resource to see all types of popups made. There only is about 10 made anyway and that’s if they include the motorcycle popup.
I have owned two different popups and I’ve loved them both for different reasons. The Jayco I loved for its simplicity, but cursed it for its poor roofing material choice and had a love/hate thing with its lift systems down HATED the canvas on the old girl. My Fleetwood I love it’s floorplan but curse it for its poor roofing material choice. I actually like how I’m able to view the lift system so I can keep an eye on things before they break. I also really love the tenting material. With my Fleetwood because they were no longer made I had a harsh discovery that no shop was even willing to look at it, so all repairs were on me to do. So if your not a handy person that may be a big deal for you later if you choose the Jayco.

JR71

Feb 2, 2021
Not sure how they are reviewing 2020 and 2021 jayco pop ups...I thought 2019 was the last year for them. So it makes me wonder if the reviewer was even inside any of them. Does that sound odd to anyone else? Or just me...
They are including the used market