2018 Maine Rally August 10-11 2018

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Davylee, Oct 2, 2017.

1. pudge

pudge Active Member

So I'm at the dump station and Cory pulls up behind me in his golf cart.
    Corey:"Just seeing what your doing."
    Me:"I'm dumping tanks."
    Corey:"Where you on an RV site?"
    Really after all the crap about what I paid for vs. what I got!!! Isn't dumping what the $48 additional charge on my bill was?

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Great to see everyone again and also some new friends.

3. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Unbelievable. This weekend really took the cake with them.

4. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Thanks everyone for coming out to the FINAL Maine Rally at Hemlock grove campground. Feel free to leave comments on google or anywhere else about the campground reservation policy etc.. ;)

5. Davylee

Thanks everyone for coming out to the FINAL Maine Rally at Hemlock grove campground. Feel free to leave comments on google or
    maybe a cavity search at the border is holding it up [LOL][LOL][LOL]

6. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Left one on Facebook last night about our experiences over that past three years. Google, RV Park Reviews, Yelp, Campendium are all lovely places to leave our thoughts.

7. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

Thank you Dave and Deb for a great rally. Deb thanks for the snuggly blanket and Jimmy thank you for all the electrical help. It was great seeing everyone again, and some new to me faces as well (I realize I'm the new face lol). Even Zevon who usually balks at camping said we should go to more rallies and even host one. I told him to reach out to Jimmy to hook up the MA rally!

8. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

No pictures?

9. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Was it that Bad?? Did he confiscate the firewood that was not purchased there?

10. JunkyBurrittos

Oh no, Shelmily, it looks like flooding continues to be really bad in your area. Hoping you, your family, and your basement are okay.

11. JunkyBurrittos

Mostly King Corey just played a game of musical campsites, moving people around willy nilly to less favorable campsites than they had agreed to way back when registration opened. Pudge lost the connections he had painstakingly prepared for and then watched his site sit empty half the time we were there while he had to share water and electric and lost sewer (I think I got that right). And then he had the audacity to hassle Pudge for using the dump station.

The campground itself is nice and bathrooms are clean but just a weird vibe with the owners.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Despite having my site shuffled around the corner (the campground map does not represent the actual layout), We had a great time. The best camground in the world would be less fun than camping with you guys. Emily, after 9 straight days of work and driving the kids around, got to relax and laugh. Deb, I think your Roo Relaxer made her extra relaxed on Friday night. Well done! She needed it.
    Donna, happy to help! Your gift was also down payment for future help. You're too generous. Go over to bestconverters.com. They have a big assortment. The WFCO 8725 will replace yours (25 Amps charging). But, since you have about 130 AH of battery, you may want to take measurements and see if the 8735/8740 will fit. If you come to the VT rally, I'd be happy to swap it out if it can wait that long. If you have it replaced professionally, my feelings won't be hurt. ;-)

I'm in Georgia now for work, but can't wait to get home and get the camper ready to go for the VT rally. Yes, Emily knows she has to make the tater-tot-casserole again. She's sorta on the hook now.

13. JunkyBurrittos

Thanks again Jimmy. Chances are I won't be able to get anyone to look at it before next month, so I may take you up on that! Plus why go with inferior service when I know Jimmy? [8D]

I think I can just charge the batteries directly from the generator until we get a chance to play with the converter. Does that sound right? Should I try to pick up a cheap amp reader so I know when I'm m charged?

Sorry Dave for the hijack. Thanks again for a great rally and I look forward to seeing you all in VT!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  14. Davylee

I updated my initial review on Yelp, and gave them 2 stars and explained the issue. See you in VT

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I'll PM you.

16. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in response. Unfortunately I have been spending the last two days cleaning up my basement. We made it home safely in just under 11 hours.... Traffic was delightful! Then I get home to this biblical rain we have been having. I am so sick of rain! We had a good time despite the crap the owner pulled, our new site wan't bad (sorry Jimmy). Thanks Dave and Deb for putting it on. It was good seeing everyone again. I can't wait for Vermont now.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your basement. That just plain sucks. Your site did look awfully nice. See you in VT!!

18. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Well Hemlock Grove did NOT like my honest review on Facebook. I especially like that you guys are all my “friends” (what’s with the quotes?) and I was told that “Not all campers can be happy campers. Unfortunately.” I hope other people read that back and forth and decide to look elsewhere.

19. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

WHAT! Why we're all such happy campers we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our smiles! We're all such Happy Camper that we are all whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your butts!

20. Davylee

Stef was that on your facebook page or the campgrounds?