2018 PA Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by phager76, Oct 1, 2017.

What dates should we hold the Rally?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2017.
  1. 4/6 - 4/8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4/13 - 4/15 (Friday the 13th Muhahaha)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4/27 - 4/29

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 5/4 - 5/6 (Cinco De Mayo, Ole!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Just heard back from HookingWings, Looks like they are out for this weekend, they had some issues come up. So we're down to 5 total for the week end, unless @Matt Benoit can make it for the weekend! That's OK, I like the small rallies anyway, more time for getting to know each other.

2. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

The new regulator came in today, hooked it up and the furnace is working!! Now, here's hoping we won't need it. 2 more days of work and then camping time!!

Salandrew likes this.
  3. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this weekend. A simple project to add strut braces to the interior roof to help support the sagging roof around the Ac, turned into gutting half of the interior ceiling due to water damage. It will need time to dry out before I can completely reassemble it. Hope you all have a good time! Toss a log on the fire for me!

4. Wade&Ricki

Wade&Ricki New Member

Got our roof up enough with blocks....took interior apart enough to see that one of the pusher spring tracks pulled clean up out of the floor...both rear cables and the track tube got twisted...if I can complete the repair we may still make trip on Saturday.

5. Novarich

Novarich Active Member

Well folks, I'm sorry to say that I will not be joining you this weekend. Due to an overwhelming backlog at work the owner made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the fall. Perhaps we will run across each other before then.

6. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Hope you guys can make it wade&ricki! Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us, Rich, but there is always the fall rally.

Tenttrailer made it here early this afternoon. The girls and I took the boat out for a spin around the lake. Unfortunately I forgot to grab the fishing licenses on the way out the door so no line wetting for me, it looked like the crappie were biting for a few people, so I'm a bit bummed, but I might take Rhi out since she doesn't need a license yet.

A few pics of the beautiful day we had here today. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for the meet and greet! 20180426_124624.jpg 20180426_124618.jpg 20180426_124614.jpg

crosbys2008 likes this.
  7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well with the rally, looking out the window here, sunny and warm ( oh wait, I'm in florida) but .wishing for the same back home. I would have been there if my daughter could have chosen a different day to move, but that's how the school schedule goes I guess, tenttrailer I hope you like site , I stayed there before, alittle tight but doable. Site 31 is my favorite,but Andy will appreciate it,s length, Especially trying to back in it at night. Will be looking for pics from pat as I know he will be posting, will see you all in the fall at robs, and check out the 2019 western N.Y. rally I'm trying to organize. And vote if interested if not done so already. Cherry o.l guys .have fun!

8. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Took Rhi hiking to the mineral springs today, pretty easy 1.3 mile hike, and I highly recommend it.

20180427_094608.jpg

Salandrew likes this.
  9. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

How's the rally going? Did Sally ever get there yet....,hehe

10. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

Can you believ it?!? Miracles do happen. We made it during the daylight hours, no rain and was able to even eat and let the kids play before it got dark!!! Rob says we were invaded by the pod people. Ha!

crosbys2008 likes this.
  11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good time

12. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

1525023200138-1222424747.jpg Hope you all had a good time at the rally, I would have been there if I could. Moving my daughter is hard work, ( maybe not all work )

13. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

[LOL]

14. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Thanks Sally and Andrew! But really all the thanks need to go to all of you who came. This rally wouldn't have been the success that it was without the great attendees to share and make new memories with!

I was really nervous about making this fun for everyone. I had some pretty big shoes to fill, but I think it turned out pretty well. The potluck was awesome, with so much delicious food from everyone and I can't believe we hung out around the campfire until well after midnight.

Here are a few pics from the potluck last night:

20180428_173112.jpg 20180428_173115.jpg 20180428_173121.jpg 20180428_174647.jpg 20180428_174643.jpg 20180428_174641.jpg 20180428_174638.jpg 20180428_180854.jpg

And finally, I want to thank Art and Joyce for joining our motley group of smart alec's (and jumping the excursion this morning) this weekend. I truly enjoyed meeting both of you, and I hope we get to see you again at Rob's fall rally at Pymatuning.

We'll definitely be doing this again next year, give me a month or so to come up with a new locale and we'll start coming up with polls to get the next one rolling!

15. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

That was the general consensus from all of us. :)

What a great weekend to kick off our camping season!! We had a great time, Thanks for hosting Pat, looking forward to next year's rally(still have lots more camping to do beforehand) .

I think I figured out he issue with my regulator. I didn't have the bracket sitting right on the pole, i didnt realize that the bracket was suppose to hang off the cross bar that locks the 2 tanks together. I haven't camped in this cold of weather since I got the camper so this issue never came up (both tanks were full when I got the camper). Sometimes it's the simplest and stupid things that just throws you for a loop. I guess that's one way to save on propane costs.

Can't wait to meet up with everyone at the fall rally or maybe somewhere in between.

16. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Thank you for putting together the rally. We too had a very nice time. We enjoyed meeting you all.

Just got home and am unpacking. Sunday night there was only 5 campers at the CG.

phager76 and crosbys2008 like this.
  17. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

That is great Rob. I'm thinking my intermittent failure for the furnace cycling issue is as Pat told me it is. The fan control board. Had the meter out Sunday afternoon checking it out when it failed. Ordered a new board.

crosbys2008 likes this.
  18. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

pat, not sure if your thinking about a repeat rally in 2019. but since easter is late, we are moving our raccoon Dog up a week to april 26-28 ,2019 same weekend as your past rally .

19. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

I think a rally the same weekend as the DOG would be great.