2018 Pacifica 3500lb Towing Capacity, Recommendations

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by rob.mwpropane, Aug 12, 2021.

1. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane Active Member

Done camping for the weekend. I'm glad we got what we got. Slept 7 fine. I wouldn't want to do that all the time, but we really just slept there... we were gone the rest of the time. I'm impressed with how cold the fridge gets on propane. It took a while, but by the next morning everything was really cold. I can see getting probably 6 of us in there no problem. This weekend we put the dinette down, but that took a lot away from it feeling like a home. At that point it was just bunks. 7 was definitely the limit for any extended stay anywhere.

It was wet when I put it away at the camp so I had to put it back up in the shop. It took about 15 minutes to get back up, not that hard at all. Had a chance to inspect the canvas, no holes anywhere. It needs a good wipe down, but other than that it's in really great shape

I am missing the cap that goes on my cassette toilet. It's the cap from part # 32306 Thetford Toilet Pour. Does anyone know where I can get just the cap? Everywhere I look I see I have to buy the whole assembly? Also there's a rubber 90 that goes on the clear site tube for the fresh water that goes to the cassette, does anyone know what the part # is or where to get it? Ours isn't there... the clear site tube is, but not the 90 elbow. Underneath the trailer is what looks like a connection for a drain... it looks like it's directly under the shower. I thought the grey water went into the cassette? If someone were to take a shower, where do I connect the drain?

2. popup-flyer

popup-flyer Active Member

Found this, looks like the 90 elbow is part of a whole assembly, that is assuming you have the C402 very common toilet:
    https://www.caravanparts.com.au/diagrams/toilet/thetford/c402c-x/
    https://www.rvworldstore.co.nz/thetford-c402-toilet-spare-parts

Do you have the green fill funnel? That is required to get it filled. Seriously.... its required.

Also you might look up "Americanizer" on amazon. $30 plastic piece so you can hook up to a flex drain hose. I have been to a few private campgrounds that have hoses hooked up at the dump station already so your trying not to spill or get waste on the end of the drain tube :(.

rob.mwpropane likes this.
  3. rob.mwpropane

Thanks! I have everything in the cassette except for those 2 pieces. I really should have taken a picture. I have the fill the pulls out with the cap for that. (I'm assuming this is just fresh water, not a big deal?). And the cassette looks like it was never used, he said they never used it. Thetfort may have replaced the 90 with something better at some point. Based off the part # found in the diagram it looks like part # 5180474. I thought it was a 90, but maybe it's just this little black piece; I don't know what the white clip is for though.

[​IMG]

4. rob.mwpropane

I watched a video on the "Americanizer" It looks nice. Honestly I've never used a cassette toilet, dumped waste, connected the fittings before at all. Where would you store that hose and do you think it's really needed?

I'm hoping (praying:)) that our little cassette on gets used for 1's and not 2's.... but I'm sure the day will come.

Edit: If I'm being honest though that stuff doesn't really bother me. I've dug up and fixed enough septic tanks in my day that you really just get used to it. I think cleaning up after 4 kids most of my life has probably put me in a good spot to not care anymore either.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  5. popup-flyer

I would suggest the "Be prepared" position for what you might need. In the case I described I didnt need the hose, I just hooked on to the one at the campground that was already in the drain. Other places the dump station is a hole in the ground with no short wall perimeter so your waste can go where it wants to......

As far as where do I keep the hose? It came with my gray water tank that I used when we don't have full hookups. Dumping your sink water on the ground is a no-no in Texas and is a fineable offense. It stows in a compartment on the tank.

I got this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085KGOIE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also if you do full hookups you can drop this on the sewer drain hole and connect a hose to it (I used a camper rinse hose that is orange so never gets mixed up) and the camper drain. Make sure you have a P-Trap at the wall of your camper so sewer gasses can't back up though!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002F676O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh and that stupid black accordion thing is what that elbow looks like.

This is the fill funnel, I really mean it when I say its quite difficult to fill properly without it:
    thumbnail.jpeg

I don't mean that "oh its hart to hit the hole" hard... I mean the added water weight pushes the water in to the tank and fills it up properly. You will understand what I mean when you fill it without one.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok, so the cassett is easy to dump, i never needed an attachment for it. A waste tote is good for gray water, and you may need a hose and sewer dounut for conections to a full hook up site. Pour the chemicals for the cassette in the waste tank and never in the flushing tank. So opposite of what they tell you. And you can poop in the pup. Ill find the thread. Lol.

7. Sjm9911

8. popup-flyer

Yes its easy to dump right up until there is a sign at the campground that says if you spill they will charge you a cleaning fee and its just a rough hole in the ground and there is a camera on you....... Seen it! Fortunately the tank was one nights use and I was able to dump without issue.

My stay in CO this summer was a private campground with an elbow attached at the drain hole and a flex hose. I had to insert the cassette drain tube in to the flex hose and go slow so I didnt spill. Then I had to wipe other peoples $hite off of my drain tube because it was inside the flex tube :( The americanizer would have taken care of that.

9. rob.mwpropane

You guys say full hookup, but no matter what I'm still emptying the cassette with waste? Right? The full hookup would just get me grey water from the underside of the shower and wherever else I need to drain from (is that the only place, under the shower? Does all grey water tie to that point?).

You're saying don't put it in the fill tank, just to flush it down the toilette?

10. rob.mwpropane

Is there a US based outfit that everyone uses to buy parts from? I'm finding some parts I need in AU, some in the UK, can't find one outfit that's here that just has everything?

11. popup-flyer

I would definitely not put any tank waste treatment in the flush water. The only thing I've ever put in there was something that thetFord makes that makes the water smell like lavender I think. I think he meant directly inside the cassette itself not in the bowl Maybe? Most directions I have seen include the fact that you should flush it down the bowl into the tank. I would suggest dumping it directly into the cassette and pouring some water in on top like the whatever the instructions say for the amount.

To answer your other question yes you will always have to take the cassette tank and dump. If you have full hookups you could potentially dump it right there in the drain hole at your site just don't spill. No one wants to handle your waste when your gone.

Sjm9911 and rob.mwpropane like this.
  12. Sjm9911

Yes , flush it , do not put it in the fill tank like the diections say. And you will not spill the casette. After you dump it a few times you'll see. Practice with clean water at home in your toilet. Cap off, arm extended, tilt, and then press the air release button. Easy.

13. popup-flyer

I bought some stuff from these guys once.

https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/

Thetford is a British company that's why it's all in the UK. And that's why that fitting is called the Americanizer.

Sjm9911 and rob.mwpropane like this.
  14. rob.mwpropane

This is my cassette, so I'm thinking it's a 402/403 series; I still can't find the cap. You would think that would be a pretty common thing to lose...

[​IMG]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  15. popup-flyer

Free tip... never press the green air release button when its nose up and full. You will get a nasty surprise on that hand and on the ground....

16. Sjm9911

Thats why you practice with fresh water at home first. I did spill one time, but not my fault. Previous dumper got the holding rock kicked in the waste pipe. So now i look down the crap hole before hooking up.

17. popup-flyer

Only thing I will say about never spilling is that it is much harder to do when full to near max.

Secondly I was at a site that was full hookups but they were actually in a hole in the ground so sub surface but the pipe stuck up 2 inches above the concrete. The water line was in there too....

Practice all you want, that one was the hardest yet and if you spilled it was permanently in a hole that you get to clean up.

18. rob.mwpropane

I mean.... it's not my favorite thing in the world. It doesn't make the top 1000, but the reality is we all sh!t. Having 4 kids it's not the end of the world. I know we'll try to refrain from doing it, but it'll happen, and I'll survive:) If that's the worst part of my weekend camping, aint so bad!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  19. rob.mwpropane

Why not just wait until you got somewhere that was more convenient? The shop that I work out of sits on ~ 23 acres of farmland.... I'm sure I could find a spot, np.

20. popup-flyer

Definitely didn't want the full one to leak in the camper or anywhere from all the jostling. Certainly have waited otherwise.

The ride is quite jarring. I actually found out this weekend I lost 2 screws, one holding AC cover on, another was loose. One inside on the sheet metal is gone. They were all there when we left.

rob.mwpropane and Sjm9911 like this.