2018 Rockwood H277

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by RyanS, Apr 29, 2017.

1. RyanS

RyanS Member

Picked her up yesterday from Country Corner Camping in Kings Mt NC! We fell in love with the layout and all the storage/amenities of having a highwall. Plus this model with the outdoor kitchen and topdown fridge access sealed the deal for us. Can't wait to go on our maiden voyage now! :)

Attached Files:

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Nice looking set up, enjoy!!

RyanS likes this.
  3. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

Our little A-frame is a high wall and I am glad we got the largest available at the time. That Rockwood HW277 is a nice layout and it is almost impossible to find a pop-up with access to the fridge when the top is down. What size fridge did you get? It's a huge unit. How many people and fur babies will usually be camping in it?

RyanS likes this.
  4. RyanS

RyanS Member

Thanks Sotovoce! I'm not sure on the exact size dimensions of the fridge but it feels much bigger than my old 1.9ft fridge in the old popup. The door on this one can store things and it also comes with a freezer box.

What was really interesting is that the 3-way fridge has automatic controls to "sense" an available power source and switch over automatically. So no longer must I open the access panel on the outside and toggle switches anymore. It's all done from a control panel on the top of the fridge. (Apparently this is standard fare for Travel Trailers but being a popup person I had never seen that before.)

Our camping unit is DW and me, two kids (8 & 9), and our pug. The kids love it already and can't wait to take it out. For now we are doing the driveway camping. :)

5. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Enjoy your new camper!

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Need to see the outdoor kitchen!! Can you post a pic??

7. jonshonda

jonshonda Member

Such a tease w/ the folded up pic. That thing looks massive too, but mostly because the axle higher. That is one thing I don't like about our Jayco 12hw, the ball height is 16" and that is pretty low for approach angle issues.

8. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

congratulations!! we really enjoyed our HW277 the 6 years we had it. We selected it for the same reasons you did, the outdoor kitchen and the top down access to the fridge. The fridge should be about 3 cubic foot. I found it did not really "automatically" switch - even though that is what it says. I think we still had to switch it manually to battery. It would switch between propane and shore power.

9. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Looks great. It looks huge. I fell in love with a highwall, but when I realized I needed a stool to open it and there was no way my mom would be able to climb into the bunk without help. I changed my mind.

10. mpotapa

mpotapa Member

I’m considering upgrading my 2014 Rockwood 2280BH. How do you like the HW277 after using it for the spring/summer? That’s the unit I’m looking at. I’m also looking at the HW276. I love the HW296 but it’s a little too big to fit in my garage.

KamperKel likes this.
  11. Heilman_5

Heilman_5 New Member

Holy catfish

That is huge, Nice

12. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

Nice. Welcome to the site.

13. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Great looking rig. At 3300 lbs would be curious how the FJC pulls it. I had a 2013 FJC that pulled a popup just fine but when I moved up to a Avenger ATI at a little over 3100 lbs here in the mountains it did not do well. Added 7 pin wiring and transmission cooler. When I went to the dealer looking at Tacoma's I left with a 2015 TRD Off Road for five grand and my FJC.
    Love my Tacoma but miss the FJ sometimes.

14. CrystalCoastCamper

CrystalCoastCamper Stay strong and Camp on!!

Very nice rig indeed, sir! Ours is a 2017 A212HW and those high walls are phenomenal! Great purchase and I'm positive y'all will enjoy it and we hope to see you out there!

15. RainH2o

RainH2o New Member

Very nice camper!

16. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Congratulations ! Size matters.

17. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Great looking Rockwood!

18. KamperKel

KamperKel Active Member

My husband and I are getting ready to purchase a Rockwood HW 277 and I can't wait. My only concern is towing all our toys. We have 2 bikes and a double seated canoe that weight approx. 85lbs. I know we can racks for the bikes, but we are worried that the placing the canoe on top of our vehicle will get in the way of popup. I guess we will find out...

19. RyanS

RyanS Member

My FJ is a 2010 model (6 speed manual tranny) and pulls it surprisingly well! Does struggle climbing steep mountains some but that is to be expected. Has served us well and been a great vehicle overall.

20. RyanS

RyanS Member

You will love the HW277! We sure have enjoyed ours and can’t wait to start the new season!

kendunn and KamperKel like this.