2018 Rockwood H277

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by RyanS, Apr 29, 2017.

1. RyanS

RyanS Member

Well I really liked the HW296 and would have gone with it probably had it fit my garage - but just too long. That said the outdoor kitchen of the HW277 and the top down fridge access has sure been nice! We really love it and have no regrets.

KamperKel likes this.
  2. KamperKel

KamperKel Active Member

My husband and I just placed an order for the HW277. We also liked the HW296, but it was too long to fit in our garage and didn't have the outdoor kitchen.

3. kendunn

kendunn New Member

THinking about getting one myself, the lure of a popup and outdoor kitchen is strong! It will be maxing out the towing capacity of my 15 Highlander, but we should still be within specs if not loaded to the max. Does anyone else make a popup with an outdoor kitchen? I really don't want to go up to a full size camper because I like keeping it in my garage.

KamperKel likes this.
  4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Flagstaff made a 725D which had a pull out kitchen in a regular pop up (not HW). I think they made them from 2000-2004 or so. Rockwood also had some models with pull out kitchens, some without a slide dinette. I think those ones were in the mid 1990s.

KamperKel likes this.
  5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Great looking setup and you still get the benefit of low wind drag going down the road...

The big thing for us when we was looking was the high wall units had the fold up walls for inside full blown shower setup...

I can't get over all of the A-LINERS on the road now.... I always thought that was going to be the way for us back in 2008/9...

We are still enjoying our 2008 Starcraft 14RT series OFF-ROAD unit... Still going strong.

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

KamperKel likes this.
  6. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

Love the high walls

KamperKel likes this.
  7. Cdickgo

Cdickgo New Member

We purchased the 2016 HW296 and have been extremely happy with it. We also debated because of the outside kitchen but the 296 is the only model with the king size bed, a deal breaker for us. The HW296 came with an outside "grill" that mounts to the rail outside but we were used to the Jayco camp stove. Having a creative DH, we found a "frame" mount in our dealer's junk pile and he modded a countertop so now we have our camp stove, electric skillet, or whatever we are cooking with on the outside just like before. It has been working great and we didn't have to sacrifice any interior storage room for the outside kitchen.

micbur and KamperKel like this.
  8. bondo54

bondo54 Well-Known Member

Nice unit. I have the same thing only mine is a 2017. Bought it used and an issue with it but dealer worked with me and all is fine now. The previous owner kept the hanging storage so it did come with it (this wasn't the issue).

9. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Looks good from the one pic. Set it up and show it off!

10. NayJ1992

NayJ1992 New Member

11. NayJ1992

NayJ1992 New Member

Hi! The hubby and I are picking up the A212HW in a couple of days. I'm so excited. Just wondering if you still love it?