2019 Death Valley Rally

sublime5981

Feb 23, 2019
Watertown, NY
That road is currently closed. https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/conditions3.htm. Any other must visits?
Well that sucks. That was our favorite part of the park. To be fair, we didn't see that much of it due to time. We had a roadtrip schedule to keep. Just drove through on 190 and detoured to Badwater Basin. We also stopped at Zabrieski Point and Father Crowley's Vista. Dante's View and Zabrieski Point probably have good views of the "new lake".

brwarrior

Mar 26, 2017
Clovis, CA
Artist's Drive is a definite must for anyone visiting DVNP! My daughter and I drove through last summer and the colors and rock formations along that loop and that part of the park in general are amazing!

Looks like it's no longer on the CLOSED list. We'll see what happens. Wednesday has some chances of rain and thunderstorms.

brwarrior

Mar 26, 2017
Clovis, CA
Who all is going to make it? I'll be in site 113 (I think it is.) I'll have the beast sized toy hauler pup with a couple ham radio antennas on it. And a couple on the truck.

My plans are:

Saturday
--------------
Ubehebe Crater
Racetrack Playa
Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes

Sunday
--------------
Harmony Borax Works
Badwater Basin
Natural Bridge (Maybe...it's a 1/2 mile hike)
Artist's Drive
Zabriskie Point
Dante's View - K-0021 Death Valley

I'm a ham radio op. I'll try to monitor 146.52 when I can. There's a 2M FM event on Sunday from 6-8pm local and I plan to do that from Dante's View.