2019 Kick off To Summer Rally.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Dec 17, 2018.

2019 KoTS Rally location ..

Poll closed Dec 31, 2018.
  1. Canisbay (Algonquin Park)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Grundy P.P.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Restoule P.P.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

There is definitely a lack of space in them...but for one person, they are great. Even a couple, could probably do just fine, if they like spending most of their time outdoors. Pat has made hers quite cozy inside.....you should take a look at the KoTS Rally.

2. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

LOL. That just got turned around in my head. Yep....I'm sure one of the guys will pipe up on how often. I'm not sure what Greg does to our trailer.

3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yes, but there is a problem with the wiring of my brake controller, and I need new tires. Taking care of those issues next week.

ccptbo likes this.
  4. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness Pat. Is the new tire thing and the brake controller separate from each other? You do put a lot of miles on the tires so I can understand that.

5. Strawhouse

The dealer should have given you an owner’s manual. Here is a link to an app, where you can download yours:
    https://forestriverinc.help/#/forestriverrv/promo
    It’s rather vague, in that it says:
    2601F130-79C9-4898-BE68-55D56A9DB967.jpeg
    ...and the maintenance chart says to grease them every 6 months.
    Since this is a universal maintenance issue, I’ve included the info my manual:
    15744796-7F96-4CBC-A913-B51BDD65A33A.jpeg
    I get mine greased before my first trip of the season. I don’t see much point in having them greased in the fall, since it isn’t used after Thanksgiving. Of course, would be necessary for those lucky people who have the opportunity to camp all year long.

There is also a discussion re wheel bearings on the portal:
    http://www.popupportal.com/threads/whats-the-deal-with-wheel-bearings.121540/
    I hope this helps! Can’t wait for next week!

ccptbo likes this.
  6. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Great info there, Pat. ^^ I didn't even know any of that! You are way more in the know then I'll ever be I think.... on a plus side...Amy wants to take Auto Mechanics in high school!

7. Strawhouse

All my fault! I had an appointment to have my brake controller installed by Rocky Tire in Bracebridge. Then a friend recommended a retired RV guy who had 30 years of service in the industry. He was doing service out of his home. So I foolishly went to him to save some money. There is apparently some electrical shortage in the wires that may have cause the brakes to engage just enough to cause ‘flat spots’ in the tires.
    I’ve been going to my mechanic for 20 years, and I trust him implicitly. Unfortunately, it never occurred to me to ask him if he could install the brake controller in the first place! :(
    Yes, I do put a lot of mikes on my trailer. Lucky me!:D I’m really glad that I have the off-road package, which gives me the larger tires.

ccptbo likes this.
  8. Strawhouse

As they say, ‘you can Google that’! [LOL][LOL][LOL] I’m pretty good at that.
    Good your Amy. I think that everyone needs to take auto mechanics, cooking, personal finances, intro to parenting, etc. in school!
    I signed up for auto mechanics in Jr High. I was called to the guidance office and was told that I ‘made a mistake’. I said, no, I hadn’t. They said, ‘Yes, you have. It’s for the boys’. Same scenario for wood shop (my dad was a carpenter and cabinet maker, and I practically lived in his shop), electrical, metal work, etc.
    In high school I signed up for computers—this was in the time of computer cards—and drafting. I wanted to be an architect. Once again, ‘you’ve made a mistake’...sigh...:(
    Thank goodness things have changed!
    Fortunately for me, Dad always told me that there is nothing that you can’t do, if you try. So I always approach new challenges assuming that I can do something. Of course, I research things thoroughly first. I’ the first to admit that I have a very limited understanding of electricity, so—except for changing an outlet or light fixture—I leave electrical issues to the experts! Except, apparently, the one who installed my brake controller!:confused: Fortunately, I have a portal friend from Mass, who has kindly become my go-to person for my Aliner electrical work! I get to see him and his family at at least 4 rallies each summer. :)
    Although I used to change my oil, I now leave that to my mechanic. Largely, because I’m too lazy to have to deal with taking the used oil to the hazardous waste depot, but also because it’s a small cost that helps support my mechanic.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    ccptbo likes this.
  9. algonquingirl

algonquingirl Active Member

If this rain would disappear, I could start loading up for next weekend.....I’m beginning to feel like I need to build an ark

ccptbo likes this.
  10. algonquingirl

Thanks Pat! I’ve read my manual but I may have glossed over the big and scary parts LOL

Strawhouse and ccptbo like this.
  11. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

LOL We all have a tendency to do that! The skies opened up here about 30 min ago.... rained hard for about 15 min and now it's just sprinkling. Rained all night though. Don't think the trailer will be coming out this weekend.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I don't mind the rain.. it was the cold wind yesterday that had me painting and doing work in house #2 instead of washing the trailer roof and sanitizing the water system. ..

algonquingirl likes this.
  13. algonquingirl

Down here was pleasant yesterday temperature wise...today is a different story though as our temperatures drop. I'm in desperate need of summer to show up...I'm tired of the cold.

14. Strawhouse

I’m going to load in the basics and make up my bed over the next couple of days. I also need to flush my water system and fill my fresh water tank. I’ll leave my trailer up until Tues.
    It will be nice to go to a local rally for my spring shakedown trip for a change. My first rally of the season is generally Schodack or Maryland.
    Only a week to go!:D

15. algonquingirl

Ya I'm debating putting the bedding on....gotta stock the fridge on Thursday. I won't fill water until either I get there or I may just use jugs for the weekend since I plan on washing dishes and everything outside. My problem is that it's supposed to rain...so I can't pop it up until I have a dry day....or risk putting it away wet on Thursday.

16. Strawhouse

I really miss the feeling of canvas, but I don’t miss worrying about whether I’ll need to deal with the weather.
    I’m planning to close/hook up my trailer on Tues, since I have to take it in for new tires on Wed. I won’t open it again until Restoule, so I’ll put my non-perishable food in on Tues. I always carry a cooler in my car, so my perishables will go in there on Fri morning.

17. Strawhouse

Hey Craig!
    What did we decide re potluck? Sat or Sun? Do we have guests coming for it? [CK]

Quite the accident at Pearson! :eek:
    FF799510-4395-4766-BB9E-D1D94F9F0473.jpeg
    The driver of the tanker truck was charged with "dangerous operation of a vehicle" under the federal Aviation Act. Can you imagine trying to explain an FAA violation on your driving record?!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  18. algonquingirl

hello rate increase!!

Strawhouse likes this.
  19. algonquingirl

So, just so you guys know...I'm a game freak! I'm bringing Monopoly, Yahtzee, and a crap ton of cards. My friends joining me so we'll be playing a lot but if we're having a get together and you want me to bring the cards I will. I've even got Dutch Blitz!

20. Strawhouse

I love games, too! Count me in!
    I’ve never heard of Dutch Blitz, but I’m Googling it now!

algonquingirl likes this.