2019 Michigan 8th Annual PUP Rally

mamabean5

Super Active Member
Oct 7, 2009
2019 - Michigan's 8th Annual PUP Rally
We keep rolling on! If you love meeting new, fun people, come join us!
Reservation window opens in December - 6 months from your expected arrival date.

Untitled-6.png

Check out Katie's blog and pics of Holly Recreation Area--they're great!
IMG_0522.jpg

http://discovermichigan.blogspot.com/2012/06/state-park-holly-recreation-area.html

06/14/2019 to 06/16/2019

Holly Recreation Area - Trillium Loop #3
http://maps.google.com/?ll=42.813898,-83.543197&spn=0.026244,0.066047&t=m&z=13

Reservable Sites-Overflow in OAK LOOP

https://www.midnrreservations.com/

$25 per night
NOTE: Holly Rec Area dump station is temporarily closed. Alternate arrangements are being made for next summer, but have not yet been announced. You may have to travel to Seven Lakes to dump. Tune in to the Friends of Holly Recreation Area Facebook page for more information and updates. UPDATE 5/30/19: Holly will now have a Septic pump truck available on Sunday's, from 10-2 (or until it fills).

Please PM Mamabean5 for more information or if you are planning to attend.

holly_mcginnis_lake_big.gif

Rally Schedule of Events
Participate as much or as little as you like!
Main Rally Events are listed in bold

Friday evening

7 p.m. Meet and Greet around the Campfire!
[CP] Site 94

Saturday
2496_image_highres_481128046.jpeg

HUGE Evening Pot Luck--Delicious!

Awesome Rally Raffle Prizes!!!

[pld] Site 94 [pld]

It's time to start posting your Pot Luck Dishes!
Let us know what you'll be bringing & I'll add it to the list!

Come Join the Michigan PUP Camping Family!

SITE MEMBER
80 RhinoDave Spaghetti Salad
81 RhinoDave Jr n/a
83 FriarTuck/Cyakker Pineapple Upside down cake
84 Marrcc/AMMatz Sloppy Joes & Lunch Lady Bars
92 Mamabean5 Cheesy Potatoes, All paper goods & set-ups
93 CrankinItUp Baked Beans
94 RALLY SITE n/a
95 Michvhf BBQ Pulled Pork
96 TrailManorMan Sausage, Peppers, & Onions
98 Cakelady/BroPaul Goulash, Cookies, Marshmallows, Cake!
99 Rodolo/Mrs. Rodolo Spinach Pie
104 Brew/Mrs Brew Chicken Mushroom Stew
106 IndyRick Brownies
111 Mrs. Kiane Citrus Pound Cake
112 Dudman5703 Veggie Tray
113. Froggy21
116 Campinfanatic/ccunicorn Corn casserole
119 RhinoDave Daughter Large Green Salad

See you there!

Last edited:

friartuck

Super Active Member
Nov 1, 2007
Perry, MI
And as always C-Yakker (aka the HoosierHoney) will lead our Saturday kayaking adventure on one of the many lakes at Holly. Bring a boat and let's paddle! (Rentals are available at the park) [KK]

michvhf

Mar 17, 2018
Oxford, MI
Janine (Buckeye Girl) and I have made our reservations for site 95 for Friday and Saturday nite.

Hey Marcc, did you ever get your ham ticket?

Marrcc

Dec 30, 2018
Holland, MI
Janine (Buckeye Girl) and I have made our reservations for site 95 for Friday and Saturday nite.

Hey Marcc, did you ever get your ham ticket?

Yes! I got my technician's license this past summer. I am now KE8KIL. I'm studying for my general exam next. Learning about building types of antenna. I'm trying not to break the bank with all of this!

michvhf

Mar 17, 2018
Oxford, MI
Antennas are something you don't need to buy. Go to TSC, grab some wire and PVC and build it. Congrats on getting your ticket!!!

sleazy rider

Mar 11, 2019
SE Michigan
Haven't picked out a camper yet, but I've reserved site 100 and plan on being there. It's going to be an arduous 15 mile adventure to get to Holly! Fingers crossed, my plan for today/tomorrow results in the garage getting filled with a new to me camper.

sleazy rider

Mar 11, 2019
SE Michigan
Good luck with 'your' camper! Looking forward to meeting you :)

Yeah! I was supposed to drive to Richmond, Indiana to check a Coleman out, but weather is going to be nasss-teee down there. They're using those t-words: thunderstorms and tornadoes. I cancelled the appointment and pulled the deposit on the camper to be fair to them. If it's still available next week, I'll try again. Worst case scenario, I use my big tent for the campout.

sleazy rider

Mar 11, 2019
SE Michigan
Braved the tornado sirens, rain and high winds for a 12 hour round trip to get my camper. 2003 Coleman Carmel with a fridge and furnace, front and rear awnings, screen room and inner/outer stoves. Canvas is clean and rip free. It’s got some character marks, but nothing bad. Needs tires, a good cleansing and probably a battery. It also has the center top brace for an a/c unit install and the luggage rack. Pictures when the sun comes up tomorrow!

mamabean5

Super Active Member
Oct 7, 2009
Welcome IndyRick to the Portal and to the Michigan rally! Looking forward to meeting you!

Latest posts