2019 Popup Portal Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by ill.plainsman, Jun 9, 2018.

1. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

Hi friends , Welcome to the very early 2019 spring rally forum. During the very fine event this last 2018 spring rally. We all agreed that we will do this again. So in conjunction with PopUp Portal and the FB group Illinois Po-Ups I would like to announce the time for our spring rally will be moved back to May 31, & June 1st and 2nd and possibly later in the spring of 2019.
    The location is still being determined. On FB we are running a poll on where we want to go. There are 3 locations being talked about#1 is Starved Rock , Oglesby, Illinois. #2 is Comlara Park, Hudson Illinois. #3 is Johnson Sauk Trail , Kewanee Illinois. Please let us know which you all like. If for some reason you don't wish to FB or even get an account drop a hint here and I'll report your opinion to the group.
    So you all know Im going to try and do the Wagon Master job. I guess when they said who wants the job I thought they said maybe and they took that as a resounding yes. I think they think because Ive been to a few of these that I couldn't mess up to bad. So here I am. At your disposal. My goal is to let you have a fantastic event under canvas. We want it more centrally located so we can get those western Illinoisans in on our fun. We missed you last time when the campground got flooded. They all tell me its not going to happen this time. Also it was posted that the rally would be better if it could be after the summer vacations start. Thus the May 31st starting date. Tho it officially ends on Sunday there should be several people staying into the next week. I think we will be for a day or two. So Im going to say I think we could have possibly 25 or more canvas aficionados at this coming event. I hope we have a very large group this time.
    Any way let us know what you would like to have and Ill pass the info along or join us at "Illinois Pop-Ups" on FB. Its a closed group but we don't turn anyone away that I have seen. We will be using both sites. We like both.
    Respectfully your Wagon Master, Doug, the Illinois Plainsman

Dudman5703 likes this.
  2. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

Hi Doug, I found the posting, finally. Great write up, I know you will do a great job. Let me know if you need any help.
    Steve

3. gubeedal

gubeedal New Member

Starved Rock is good, but tends to get overcrowded and fast. It is very popular.

4. gubeedal

gubeedal New Member

Can you direct me to the FB group?

5. ill.plainsman

We are at Illinois Pop-Ups

6. ill.plainsman

Hi friends . I'm taking Mrs plainsman on a trip. We are headed to Starved Rock sp this Sunday the 5th of August. Since I have no idea other than a "you tube" video what is available for campsites and shelters I talked DW into it. Would anyone like to jump in and help out? I know there is no advanced warning but to tell you the truth , I have no idea what the campsites are like. Or how far are the showers from anything else? Where are the playgrounds and are they good for very young kids or older kids? I'll try and get answers to where will a rally site be and will we be able to see each other or are they totally private sites? These are some of the questions I have. We will be in Mrs Plainsmans 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee greenish black. We hope to see someone else out there. Noonish please.

7. ill.plainsman

It appears that the spring rally will be at Starved Rock SP. In a poll 32 people wanted Starved rock, 21 wanted Comlara County park, Johnson-Salk got 6, and Kickapoo State park got 5. There were 64 votes total. There was 105 views. I want the group to know we have picked up some new members to , in the last few months .We have come up with about 7 new adds in the last 4 months.. These have been interested in the rally too. So looks like some good times. Lori's already planning some crafts and others are chatting about which loop would be good to have us all bed down in. Ive got 5 tables and 2 awnings so either loop would be good. you will just have to bring your own chair. We even have one of our members who is volunteering to do a hike out on Saturday. Any more ideas would be welcome. So post up here or on our FB. Lets talk about it. Happy camping.

BookAsh likes this.
  8. BookAsh

BookAsh New Member

Extremely new to this but looking to make new friends and memories. How do we sign on? I’m not on Facebook. How do we pay? Do we just show up?

9. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

check with the wagonmaster organizing the rally (ill.plainsman) but the way most rallys work, after a location and date is selected, everyone books there own site trough the state park reservation system for that particular weekend. trying to stay together in a certain loop or area of the campground if possible. then the wagon master marks you attending and your in. hope that helps!

10. BookAsh

BookAsh New Member

Makes much more sense—I guess I thought it was in a group site. Thank you!

11. ill.plainsman

Thanks Vagov. I had a family problem I had to take care of, all done there now.
    Yes BookAsh. We are Meeting at Starved Rock on the first weekend of June. It really starts on the 31 of May and Ive asked for people to request which CG they would like to be in. Either the east or west CG The east has much wooded areas while the west has openness . The west side I've stated we would try to get from site #11 to 42. That would give us about 30 some sites to fill up. Not bad. None of these are reserved for us, we have to get to the 6 month window and then compete with all the other campers trying for the same sites and time. Some of us meet a day early and or stay a day late as well. Please leave a note of which CG you would prefer. We are trying to be close to each other. It looks like the west one will be voted more for, than the weed overgrown poison ivy east sites. But even so we would love to have you out there with us. Let us know where your at and we will try to not forget you. We have a couple others in your circumstances. Don't be strangers.