2019 Quad State

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Hoomi, Jan 16, 2019.

Are you interested in a Quad State Rally for 2019?

1. Definitely interested

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Not interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

If we have our Quad State Rally this year, are we back to Arizona? If not, which Four-Corners State should host this year?

I suppose the first question, though, is if there is enough interest to start planning. The Quad State Rallies have typically been taking place in the June-July time frame, so if there is interest, we can schedule the date based on what will work best for the most potential attendees.

2. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

If it's near Salt Lake City at the end of June, we could swing it on the way home from Oregon. But don't feel like you have to take my availability into consideration. We'd love to meet people, though.

Hoomi likes this.
  3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I've lost track of which state's turn it is.
    I may be in, though my camping schedule is already pretty full through the end of June. It'll just depend on when and where.

4. Hoomi

I think it was supposed to have been Utah last year, though I don't recall if it actually took place. I need to do some work on the P'up before any trips this year, but it'd be nice to have a good Rally to look forward to. The one up by San Luis Obispo in California would be nice, other than it's a 10+ hour drive according to Google Maps, and that's not factoring in the lower speed limit for trailers on California freeways.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I think we tried to do Utah the year before last, but there were only two of us who ended up making reservations, so we cancelled it. It was going to be near Bryce NP. (I'm going by memory, but it seems to me it was around the time of the Sisters on the Fly southwest Gathering, at Bryce that year; it's an every-other-year event. NM's turn to host SWG this year, and that's in August.)
    If there's enough interest, a PUP Rally can happen with or without me.

6. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

follow

7. Hoomi

Digging back through the Past Rallies section, this was the original planned schedule, though that isn't how it ended up. In 2016, we ended up moving it to Jacob Lake in Arizona, and ended up with too few participants to even have a potluck. 2017 ended up cancelled due to having too few of participants, and I don't recall if the 2018 ever went beyond the discussion stage.
    • CO Mesa Verde 2015
    • UT Moab 2016
    • AZ TBD 2017
    • NM Navajo Lake 2018
    • Last weekend in June.
    So far, we've had a Quad State in New Mexico, Colorado, and very small one in Arizona. The difficulty we've had with Utah, is finding a campground convenient for participants from the four states, that is also pleasant for that time of year. We've enjoyed at least a couple of stays at Palisade Lake State Park in Utah, which is central Utah, just off Highway 89, north of I-70, and a short ways south of Manti (which is why we've stayed there, as we have relatives in Manti that we visit). The middle two weekends in June are NOT good times to try and stay in this area, due to being Pageant Weekends in Manti.

There are some camping areas along the 89 between Kanab and I-70 as well, and some of those are in beautiful areas (we love that drive up the 89). Some of these would be good for visits to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, and several other scenic areas.

8. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

AZ may work for me

9. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

So good to see you come back again. How are you, my old friend?

10. ChocoChock01

doing well!

lots going on, need to get back out on the road!

kitphantom likes this.
  11. ChocoChock01

2014 Blue Water Lake NM
    http://popupportal.com/threads/2014-quad-state-rally.78144/