2019 Schodack Island State Park, NY "Not A Rally"

The weekend that works best for me is...

• April 26-28

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
As the season winds down and we starting putting our camping gear away, we look to the start of next season!

The Gathering (a.k.a. Not a Rally) at Schodack Island State Park dates are ready to be voted on. Your vote counts so let me know which weekend works for you and the popular vote will win.

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
I'll throw my vote to anytime in April as were locked in to Memorial Day with our own Clan So much so that the 1 time we missed it we were admonished by the Clan for months and were told that we are not aloud Never Miss it Again.

jnc

Welcome from New Hampshire
Oct 1, 2014
South Central New Hampshire
Mike I got ya on the need for a 3 day weekend with the drive time involved & school schedules. This is why when I have tried and or ever actually get to your Rally I book it for 4 nights or more. I like the idea of an April Trip because it's truly the first change of the season to camp.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I might be a last miniute addition, depending on the dates. I will not vote because im unsure at this time , but hate to say memorial day would be better, no school for the kiddo, and we can continue in up to lake george from there.

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
Ok, I've decided to close this poll. Sites are starting to book up on Memorial Day weekend and since that's the weekend with the most votes right now, that's the one we're going will. Both loops are open that weekend so book on whichever side you like. We have reserved site 14 in the Riverside Loop from Fri-Mon 5/24-5/27.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Looks like my camping seasons are book-ended by Steph's Not-a-rallies. Now my camper is in the long sleep until spring. Time to start thinking about work that needs doing on the camper. Bits and bobs, etc. Storage solutions, reorganization, mods, etc, etc, etc.

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
There are a few dry sites available on the Creekside loop if anyone is interested in joining a few of us on Memorial Day weekend.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Kids are excited about Fisherman's this weekend. Gotta admit I am too!
Got a great big roll of Reflectix to bring with me.

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
Yeah. I'm travelling for work right now so I don't even get home until midnight Thursday. Gonna be a minimal prep season opener. I JUST orders a set of SHW Gizmos. The guy I talked to, Bob, was great. I might even have them by Friday. So I'll have a couple of projects to do on Saturday. Your solar setup is probably like a 30 minute thing.

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
I have seen a Dual Borla Catback exhaust installed in a campground (with a compressor and welder present being used) and have been told of things like awnings, brakes and 1/2 a rubber roof being installed... I also know that 2 of the culprits in all the above have also turned around and completely removed their storage dinettes in favour of free standing tables and chairs when camping in Indiana, after visiting an RV surplus store...

So nothing really surprises me ... lol

JimmyM

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Franklin, MA
I have seen a Dual Borla Catback exhaust installed in a campground (with a compressor and welder present being used) and have been told of things like awnings, brakes and 1/2 a rubber roof being installed... I also know that 2 of the culprits in all the above have also turned around and completely removed their storage dinettes in favour of free standing tables and chairs when camping in Indiana, after visiting an RV surplus store...

So nothing really surprises me ... lol
This was you. Wasn't it. Don't be shy.

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
Great, now Jimmy is going to bring a welder with him every time he camps...hmmmm bumper reinforcement project might need to be added to my list...

Latest posts