2019 Schodack Island State Park, NY "Not A Rally"

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, Sep 30, 2018.

The weekend that works best for me is...

1. April 19-21 (Easter)

25.0%
  2. April 26-28

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May 24-26 (Memorial Day)

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yes, although I was just told purge valve. I know there was a recall re these on other Ford models a few years ago. Don’t know if that is related to the backorder delay. My local dealer had another customer waiting for one as well.
    I honestly think so would have cancelled, if I couldn't get the part in time.
    Me too! I miss my US camping family! :D
    Going to a local park (less than 2 hours north of me) next weekend, which is our Victoria Day long weekend. It will be nice to have my first trip of the season close to home. Learning a new-to-me card game next weekend. Dutch Blitz. Looks like fun. Anyone know it?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Had a busy day. I got my PUGs sorted out. Schodack will be their maiden voyage. Got that wire track re-secured underneath that broke loose. Bought a step stool/ladder like Jeff has. It should make installing PUGs a lot easier.
    Replaced the battery in my lawn mower. Mowed the lawn, cleaned up a bunch of post winter stuff.

Happy Mother's Day, moms.

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Pat, hard to believe that it's only a purge valve issue, as a purge valve is only a part of your evap system. But hope you good luck getting back up and running, happy Mothers Day, and see you in July

4. Strawhouse

Fingers crossed!

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

1 week! ONE!

Strawhouse likes this.
  6. Strawhouse

Yes! :D
    Car fixed, trailer ready, issue with brake controller resolved. Heading to Restoule PP on Friday for our Victoria Day long weekend. It’s only 1hr 40min from my place—practically at my back door! Just a warmup for my 3rd annual trip to Schodack (8hr 30min, plus gas/rest stops, grocery shopping—since it’s just easier to declare nothing at the border crossing:confused:).
    See you next Thursday—hopefully by 6ish. Oh, and no ‘hot laps’ for me! I’ll leave those to the ‘professionals’.;)

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I can't get there until Friday afternoon. But, I'll see you then!

8. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Catching up on all the goings on in this thread! CANNOT WAIT FOR CAMPING TRIP # 2! We'll be there on Friday night. I had hoped to take Friday off and go right when Jake got home from school but we have an Emergency/Crisis Response Team Walk-through at school so I can't take the day off and we'll probably head to Albany at about 4:30 for an ETA of about 6:30 or so. Just in time for dinner. [HB]

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I'm trying to leave around 3PM I took Friday off so I can get everything ready to go and be ready to leave when Maddy gets off the bus. I've got about a 2:30-2:45 drive time. You may arrive right after my hot lap!

10. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Or we might be seeing you on the MassPike. Depends on how quickly I can get out on Friday. If we can get everything packed up and ready to go the night before, I can just pull into the garage and hop in the truck and be on our way by 4pm. I wouldn't want to miss the show!

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Come on Pat.. You can do a hot lap or two.. you can practice this weekend.. We can have you looking like a pro in no time..

12. Strawhouse

Although I always appreciate your support in my efforts to improve my towing skills, the aforementioned ‘hot lap’ refers to an extra lap taken around the loop due largely to the frustration Jimmy the driver experiences when unsuccessfully backing his trailer into his designated site.

The onset of the ‘hot lap’ is frequently know to be accompanied by both ‘colourful’ language from said driver and the spray of gravel/aggregate from the spinning tires of the TV. The driver then proceeds to circle the loop again—usually at a speed exceeding the campground posted limits—and returns to his site to make another attempt at parking his trailer.

Davylee likes this.
  13. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

So.. would you class my drive by last year at the TGG a hot lap ?? Having been on that site many times, I know it is easier to turn around on the end loop and back in coming from the other direction then to try and back in after turning the corner..

Well I know you would never use "colourful" language.. Not sure abut the spinning tires and excessive speed.. Pretty sure it was you who flew past my one time by St. Marys rd. Hard to tell for sure it was the silvery grayish flash of an suv with what could have been a woman driver...

14. Strawhouse

LOL...
    Just to be clear, it is my understanding that an official ‘hot lap’ must follow an somewhat prolonged—and ultimately unsuccessful attempt at backing in—which leads to what some might classify as a ‘hotheaded’ demeanour of the driver as he proceeds to complete another break-neck lap.

Please keep in mind that I have no personal experience as a driver of a ‘hot lap’. My knowledge of this phenomenon is based solely on my observation of a driver at an adjacent site at Schodack and discussions pertaining to it at subsequent rallies. However, I believe that Jimmy could expound on this, since he is more knowledgeable—some might consider him an expert—re this topic.

15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

LOL...

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

A "hot lap" is a term used to make fun of me. "Spinning tires" implies a lot more than actually happened. You people exaggerate SOOOO MUCH!!! GAWD!
    My brother just bought a camper. About the same size as mine. He's a CDL driver. I watched him back it up the driveway. Inch perfect, first shot. I hate him.

But the camper is all ready and ready to pack and put food in. I'll start the fridge on Thursday afternoon.

17. Strawhouse

See, Craig, I knew that Jimmy could clarify this! :)

18. Strawhouse

Steph: I scanned through the thread, but didn’t see (missed?) potluck info. Would you like us to sign up, or will we just wing it? Will be shopping on your side of the border on my way down on Thursday.

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Yeah! How about that potluck? Emily was asking about it yesterday.

20. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

A PSA for all of you... DO NOT repeat DO NOT let Pat check the weather.. this is what happens when she does.

Attached Files: