2019 SW-PA Spring Rally Ohiopyle SP 5/3-5/5

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by phager76, Nov 4, 2018.

1. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Check the gas cap. Might neither not be on right or the seal might be bad

WVhillbilly likes this.
  2. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

John, when I have a picture or a file that's too big send, I screenshot it and send the screenshot. Works most times.

3. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Have the camper packed except the fridge.

John that evp check engine light does nothen if it lights up. No downgrade of the engine controller, justs lets you know it does not meet the EPA requirements. Most of the time the manufacture does a test every so often. My toyota sienna it check it when the gas gauge hits about 1/2 tank. there are two valves, it closes and opens. It expects and increase in RPM and the gas fumes get sucked into the intake manifold or no increase in RPM. there are 2 valves one at the manifold and one at the charcoal canister that opens up to let fresh air pass through the system sucking out the gas fumes. So it could be a gas cap, hole in a line, gas tank, etc...

4. phager76

phager76 Active Member

This^ I never worry about EVAP codes unless it's time for inspection.

I was going to close up the pop up today but a downpour rolled through an hour before I got off work. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better and I can close it then. Otherwise we'll close it up, wet or dry, before I pull out on Thursday.

I did take the Excursion to add air to the tires, out some gas in it, and run by the self serve car wash to clean off a year's worth of grime. Took $10 in quarters just to rinse that behemoth, didn't even get to the soap phase. Meh, still looks a lot better than it did.

5. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

John, the evap tests usually occur ever x number of cold starts. I.e the 10th time you start the truck up from it being cold it runs the test. Every manufacturer is different, but the computer is not constantly running the evap test. Usually nothing to worry about unless the light is flashing, then you need to worry.

Rob

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  6. crosbys2008

So what’s everyone bringing for the potluck? We will be doing cheesy potatoes in the Dutch oven.

Allergy reminder, Sarah is allergic to nuts so if you’re bring something with nuts just let us know.

See everyone one Friday.

Rob

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  7. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Meatballs and chili (two dishes, not mixed...eww) here.

Trailer is all hooked up and ready to go, just need a cooler s couple of kids and a dog and we're good to go. Planning on leaving here around 1pm should be there by 2-2:30

crosbys2008 likes this.
  8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

found the problem with the truck, replaced the purge valve, but it was still leaking, (junk advance auto parts) . replaced with OM GM purge valve from dealership, and the pesky little yellow light is OUT. also installed a tonnue cover, figured it,s best since I am going to PAT,S rally. (HEHE) I am working tomorrow until 2pm. so expecting to roll in somewhere around 5ish. who knows I may even beat Sally and Andy there?

9. tenttrailer

Joyce said she will bring a cake, mac n cheese and biscuits.

Getting the camper ready so we just head out tomorrow morning.

10. tenttrailer

GPS address of campground:

Just check out ohiopyle web site for an address for the campground. There was no campground address, just the HQ address in town. Did a little searching and found an address that get you on the campground road.

400 Kentuck Rd., Ohiopyle, PA. The brown signs should work from there.

11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

if you pass the white water kayak rental in the middle of the town just come up the road alittle and climb the BIG hill to your right, at the top of the hill you can make a left into the campground.

crosbys2008 likes this.
  12. phager76

phager76 Active Member

We made it here safe and sound. Someone is in your spot Rob, I'll sic the dog on 'em if they ain't gone by sunup :D

Rhi and Gwen have probably asked me a hundred times when James and Samantha are going to get here. Beautiful evening, I hope the weather cooperates the rest of the weekend, although there will probably be a little rain throughout. I think I'm going to start blaming Crystal, since it's great today, but some storms tomorrow last I looked. And she gets here tomorrow, clearly the rain follows her and not me!

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

crosbys2008 and WVhillbilly like this.
  13. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Hope you guys have great weather and a fun weekend.

phager76 likes this.
  14. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

John, we made it Thursday evening! Granted it was dark, but we are here. And of course 11:25 and the rain starts. Hopefully it will be done by morning.
    We are making potato soup for the pot luck. Andy and Adam have to go deliver mulch all day Saturday, so I wanted something easy.
    See everyone tomorrow!!!

phager76 and crosbys2008 like this.
  15. crosbys2008

Working a 1/2 day today (which will probably feel like a whole day, usually does) and hope to be on the road no later than 2 which will get us there around 5:30 - 6. Hopefully the rain will be nice to us.

Pat, it’s not very nice to try to push the rain Blame onto Crystal. Just saying. ;)

Sally and Andy, if when you arrive during day light hours we really do suspect you are not who you say you are. :)

See everyone this evening.

phager76 likes this.
  16. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

working half day myself, (hopefully) got absolutelty nothing done yet at home, but kath is off today , told her to go the grocery store, basically throwing a cooler, some clothes , and alittle pile of firewood in the truck . and maybe the bicycles. that's it, what I DONT HAVE, I DONT NEED!

phager76 likes this.
  17. phager76

phager76 Active Member

I thought that was a powerstroke I heard rolling in around 9! Sorry I didn't get a chance to seeing by, the kids (and me) we're beat and turned in early.

Yeah Rob, I guess it was out of line, especially since it started raining off and on all night. Guess it is me :D

18. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

just finishing up work now, been feeling sick as a dog all day , if I can mustard up some energy when I get home to pack the truck I will still be coming up tonight, otherwise I may get a good nights rest and be up early in the am. either way I'm still coming.

19. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Feel better, John!

20. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Crystal just got here, and sure enough it started raining! My theory is holding up @crosbys2008 [:D]