2020 Ontario Rally Location Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

1- You missed the last 3 Burger World trips...
    2 - Only way anything could be South of the 400 is if it was in Toronto ... Which might be a possibility as there is a campground down there not far from the Zoo..
    3 - Was looking at an area from about bronte over to maybe as far as emily from the lake ontario up to roughly georgian bay.

2. algonquingirl

algonquingirl Active Member

There is Glen Rouge campground by the Zoo but not sure how good it is

3. algonquingirl

Camp ends for me at 4pm on the Friday. If I can figure out where I can park my car and trailer, I could possibly leave straight from work. If we’re in the 2 to 3 hour range for the drive then I’ll be there around 8 with the traffic possibly. While it will be a long day, I’d be ok with it.

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to outline this scenario. It would work for me as well. Except I’ll be having the poutine! :D

5. algonquingirl

What is the Burger World you’re all talking about?

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Local burger chain in North Bay. ..

7. Strawhouse

Looked up Glen Rouge. It looks small, but nice. Only 8 min drive to zoo. Also public transport nearby. Might be tricky getting reservations for July, but might work well for KoS rally.
    Will keep it in mind when planning an Aliner Rally next year.

8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

You're all making me homesick!

Peterborough, Ottawa, Toronto, Bonnechere... Such happy memories! Even the zoo!

Toronto_sunset.jpg interesting_eh.jpg

Not that I have any eggs in this basket, but what about Brant Conservation Area? I was looking at it for a future trip that way and it looks nice.

Oh, and have a Harvey's veggie burger and some Timbits for me please!

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Timbits no problem... as for the fake burger not likely..

10. Toedtoes

That veggie burger is the best ever. Folks down here are oohing and aahing about the impossible burger - it's OK. If you like the texture of rare burgers it works.

But Harvey's veggie burgers are the best tasting burgers. I can't tell you how many people have told me "I'm not vegetarian, but I love Harvey's veggie burgers".

And Timbits are so good. I had my boss ship me some when he was in Alberta. He shipped 3 party boxes! :). OMG! They were so good even after shipping.

ccptbo likes this.
  11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Closest I come to a veggie burger at Harveys is putting toppings on my double cheeseburger..

12. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

As for veggie burgers, I'll have to pass. I tried a McD's veggie about 10 years ago, and it was the worst thing I ever had. I guess things have come a long way in the last 10 years when it comes to those things, but I'm in no hurry to try another one.

As a side note, we have a club here that is made up of good friends and relatives. I think we are almost 8-9 people now. We pretty much just sit around and bbq meat and eat it, and have a beer or a mix, but life doesn't get much better than that! We are called 'The Royal Canadian Brotherhood of Meat Eaters', (with an official crest and baseball hats). I'm the Pres., son is the CEO, B-I-L Wolf, who a few on here know is the CSO. This is a spin off group from 'The Royal Brotherhood of Meat Eating Men' from Pennsylvania, where Joe, (Xolthrax) is the Grand Poobah there. He and his buddies there took a vote about 8 years ago and decided to give permission for us to form this Canadian Chapter.

But, when if comes to TimBits, we're all in!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  13. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Whoa Whoa Whoa back the pup up ... You have this group and you haven't shared that fact until now !! ???

14. Toedtoes

Comparing McD's veggie burger to Harvey's veggie burgers is... well like comparing McD's burgers to Harvey's burgers... ;)

It has been said that Harvey's makes their veggie patties in a flower shape because customers would claim they got a real burger by mistake. I was personally told that by a staff member at the Kingston penitentiary museum.

OMG! Timbits. Seriously, why has no one else ever figured that out! The perfect ratio of filling to donut! No excess jelly pouring out when you take a bite. And starting out a road trip with a variety box at your side - randomly picking a bit and not knowing what perfect flavor will explode in your mouth! Nothing better.

I do miss my visit to Zellers for another Ibex cotton flannel blanket. Had to buy them in bulk online a couple years ago to restock.

And then the music: Cris Cuddy, Willie P., Keith Glass, Russell deCarle, Joe Hall, Bob Snider, Lynn Miles and Scott B...

I miss it there.

15. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

WTH!!! LOL I had to keep re-reading that over and over again......

16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

My take is, that since Gary will be "recuperating" still, he can do either weekend, if the rally is at a place like bronte or albion hills for example... Steve won't take time off work, he will commute if need be...

So Mel.. you doing just a 2 day weekend or you playing hooky and make it a 3 day ?

I sort of have 3 locations in mind...maybe 4 ... and somewhat of a fifth but not too sure on it yet ..

17. Strawhouse

Thanks for clearing that up, Craig!:confused:

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Just an FYI.. the TGG will be again held over Thanksgiving weekend, got that weekend off .. location TBD..