2020 Ontario Rally Location Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

For this, Long Sault or Voyageur would be perfect.. Voyageur is about an hour and a half drive to downtown Montreal...

2. Chrismtl

Chrismtl Active Member

Voyageur is our "go to" site and 40 minutes away from my house. I don't really know many others that way.. we've been to Fitzroy, but that's a bit further for everyone

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Well there is Gatineau park and a few others

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

We’d get more attendees from Ontario, if it is a campground closer to Kingston. Anywhere near Ottawa is at least a 5 hr (plus stops) for some of those who have attended ON rallies in the past few years.

Many people won’t drive more than 3 hours for a weekend rally. The distance doesn’t matter to me, since I regularly travel twice that to get to my usual US rallies. Just my [2C].
    Yes, it’s nice to be retired. :)

5. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd go Ottawa way. But really....we don't need to attend every rally. [LOL][LOL] We love Charleston Lake...albeit very hard to get into unless you are on the ball. Voyageur is too far for us for a 2-3 day camp. Fitzroy is borderline but I would definitely think about it.
    In all honesty, I would probably not think about it too long, and just pick something. Whoever shows, will show...and you might be in luck, with more eastern Ontario PUP members joining you.

As Pat (Strawhouse) said...just my [2C]

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Could do Ferris maybe that Rideau park, between ottawa and Kingston.. .. Easterly a bit, but still central enough for the folks West of Oakville to join.. issue comes on the 2 day weekend bit.. I can usually get holidays so not a big deal for me, but it's hard to appease the masses.. So it's a compromise, pick a park that offers the a greater radius and those who want to make it can..

ccptbo likes this.
  7. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Rideau is getting a little far out there for a 2 night stay. Ottawa is a 6 hour drive for us, and this is looking pretty close. Having to drive straight down the 401 through T.O. is a total pain in the butt, however if thats what the Dr ordered then thats how it is. Ferris would be better, but still need to go through T.O.

8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Ferris you can bypass the city , sort of.. go North, then east across 9 and back down something like 48 to 7 and across as if heading to Emily or Balsam..

9. Strawhouse

Ferris PP would work for me. Rideau Acres Campground (private near Kingston) has been on my bucket list for years. For a private campgro7nd, it appears to be well-treed. It might be a contender. https://www.rideauacres.com/
    B
    ut I agree with Ccptbo (Mel), choose what works best for you and your friends, and those who can make it will come.
    Are you thinking of some dates for this year? If so, I would definitely fit it in, since all of my Aliner and US Popup PPortal plans have been cancelled.

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I was actually talking about Rideau River P.P.

11. Strawhouse

I realized that, Craig. I was just putting out another option, since Chris had originally suggested the Kingston area as a possible location midway between Montreal and the GTA.

ccptbo likes this.