2020 Ontario Summer Rally ..

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Ummmm you got "snowed" a few summers ago at the Rally ... lmao.. Hey we are in Canada and it could happen.. you this so-called climate emergency..

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

sssshhhhhh ... once he makes the trip to pull you out, he may as well stay and camp a few days... How far is it from the arena in Huntsville to your place Pat.. need to figure out how many loads on snow I need to get moved .. lol

Strawhouse likes this.
  3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Jimmy & crew are welcome to camp driveway ay my place any time! Goes for all of my US Camping Family!

4. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

OK! - So here it is! I spent some time spinning the Ont Parks Resi Roulette Wheel this morning. Today (March 1) is THE worst day of the whole year to reserve a site. The site is booking for July 30, July 31, and March 1, and fighting everyone wanting to do the long weekend. The site was a total disaster this morning. It took this computer with me signed in and all ready to press the reserve button at 1/4 second after 7:00AM, a laptop set up in the same way hooked to a plan B site, my phone ready to go with the Ont Parks number on speed dial, and 1 hour and 50 mins to get my site booked. By the grace of the camping God's, I actually got the site I needed to get at the 1hr and 40 mins mark. Absolutely insane! But I got it! I logged on at 6:50 AM, and payment for the site went through at 8:38. The sites that I wanted on the park map turned red, then black, then back to green, then the other one went green again, as other people who wanted them must've bailed on them and went back to bed. The sites fall out of their carts and become available again. Then I finally got a phone call through after about 40 attempts and the guy said he couldn't help me because the whole site was totally overwhelmed this morning. All of a sudden the stars aligned, and people shut their browsers off, things freed up, and I got my site. Holy donuts! After everything was done, and I printed receipts, and e-mail receipts, and took a minute to realize that it actually worked, it was 2 full hours.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    ccptbo likes this.
  5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

So where you going ?

6. Wrenchgear

Bonnechere, one week on the river, and one week onto the other side of the park, right beside the site we were on last year when you visited. Then heading back again mid Sept., but that doesn't get booked until mid April.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

What weeks.. you never know we might be visiting DS1 around then.. or doing an atv weekend out that way..

8. Wrenchgear

I'll text you the dates

Snow likes this.
  9. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

After 3 full days with the flu, I didn't miss much on here.

Wrench....so glad you got your site at Bonn. That must make you feel good. I agree, the Civic long weekend is a pain to book. Thankfully, last year when we booked for the Charleston Lake Eastern Rally, it wasn't so bad. We are not camping this Civic long weekend and I'm kind of glad about that.

Pat.....same goes for us. US Family can camp driveway anytime they wish! We'd be happy to have you. [:D]

More mild temps on their way. I really hope Spring is here....although I wouldn't doubt if we see more [sf][sf][sf][sf].

Strawhouse likes this.
  10. Wrenchgear

It was tough, but I got the ones that I wanted. Makes me feel great!

Spring is on the way. I tapped my trees today, and the sap is running good!

ccptbo and Strawhouse like this.
  11. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Maple Syrup is good!!

Strawhouse likes this.
  12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Oh, this could go south oh so fast so, I'll refrain from commenting further.. LMAO...

13. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

You DO realize I'm a little crazy. As much as I would do it to help, I'd also have a great story!

ccptbo and Strawhouse like this.
  14. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Yes....I realized you were crazy before we met. (No wonder we all got along so well......)

JimmyM and Strawhouse like this.
  15. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Only crazy people would meet up with "strange people" they met online.. Insane people not only meet up but also go spend a weekend camping in the woods with those strange people ..

scrt95019, Strawhouse and ccptbo like this.
  16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Ok so this is for Wrench.. 114 days give or take and it's the potluck day.. start thinking now as to what your going to make.. don't want you stressing out during the last month over what to make.. :D

ccptbo likes this.
  17. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

You know Wrench soooo well! lol

18. Wrenchgear

WHAT !!!? Only 114 days!!?? Holy crappers! I better get on to thinking about this stuff! Thanks for cluing me in ........Hmmmmm........ it's all coming to me now. I think I will have a clear picture of all this in 2 - 3 days....... I got the Spidee senses tingling. Here it is, 'Dog-a-la-mode', with a side of french fries and donuts. The soup will be Lake Nipissing Sea Turtle. How attached have you and Greg gotten to Fin? I have also heard the beagles are quite nutritious if done just right. I'm just tossing these thoughts around at this point, things could still change.

19. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

LMAO. But yuck at the same time!! French fries and donuts sound great....meatballs perhaps?

20. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Are we talking your average run of the mill donuts or are we talking STEVIE'S CAMPING DONUTS 'N' FRITTERS !! ??

Strawhouse and ccptbo like this.