2020 Ontario Summer Rally ..

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Yes...we will just watch our numbers. No biggie.....we will have no kids with us on this trip, but will have the pup. This will be her first camp trip so I expect very little sleep...lol.

2. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

16 sleeps until we get to see all your smiling faces again!! [Guitar]

Strawhouse likes this.
  3. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

16 Sleeps?, OMG, I'm in bad shape, UGH!

Today is Tuesday June 16,.....
    Stevie is rebuilding the 115 hp on the back of the old ski boat. He was doing good until he hit a snag last night at about 1:00 AM, by being short the intake manifold gasket. That brought everything to a raging halt. So, now we need to find a gasket, get the powerhead back on the midsection, get the new water pump into the lower end, put it all back on the boat and get it running. The boat then has to go to the cottage (1 1/2 hrs away) to get off the trailer. Then a tin boat needs to get a motor put onto it, and get put onto the trailer. This all has to happen by Thursday night, because the tin boat needs to go on a fishing/camping trip to Perry Sound first thing Friday morning (3 days from now, holy crap!). Tina and I are going to the Mag for the weekend, not sure when we're going up and coming back. I will then have about 1 1/2 weeks to get the Pup out of the shop and into the driveway, set it all up, make sure its all working, and pack for the rally. I guess that not too bad, just this week being a killer.

Strawhouse and ccptbo like this.
  4. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Get hoppin' then....what are you doing on here?? [?:~{][?:~{]

[LOL]

Strawhouse likes this.
  5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Even less time for us.. we arrive on the 1st.. start back to work tomorrow (yes a real pay check again!!) , work 5, off 4, work 5 again but when I head down that week it's take the trailer with me. Starting the 1st I'm on vacation again for 14 days.. than have to renew my airport driving pass.. some where in there I also have to get the plate stickers for the vehicles..

Did you drain and flush your water tank yet Mel? According to Greg you got hammered on Sunday after church..

6. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Church?? Other then getting the kids baptized and for weddings/funerals...never been to church...EVER! I was not tanked....I was tipsy and felt good.

Yes, trailer is dewinterized and I'm slowly getting around to restocking stuff. This weekend will be a big prep weekend. But I've done my grocery list....and gotten some of Finnalyn's stuff ready....she isn't fond of the trailer yet. But hopefully she will be ok....lol.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Have ours half prepped ready to go, just have to put all the sleeping bags back in. Finish cleaning the inside install the spare and check tire pressures.. fridge will get turned on next monday... we have our shopping list done too.. have stuff to buy and pre cook. Need to stock the bar as well.

ccptbo likes this.
  8. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I was tempted to just tote water instead of flushing my water system; but I’ve decided I’ll need running water, since the showers will be closed. I also need to check my tire pressure and refill a propane tank.

ccptbo likes this.
  9. Wrenchgear

Ok, the boats running! Yip Yip Yippy!! This thing hasn't run in 16 years. 115 hp Johnson 4 cyl outboard. A piston collapsed back in around 2004 due to lack of oil from OMC's variable oiling system. Its a 2 stroke, so its gas oil mix, and this thing is supposed to do it automatically. The boat has been sitting here at home since then, with one of the cyl heads removed as an initial diagnosis. I've been tripping over this boat for all these years, moving it from here to there, and there to here, then back again. I pretty much had it sold at one time, but then Tina said, 'maybe Stevie wants to fix it up someday'. Well I guess that today is the day. As far as the oiling system goes, you really have no way of knowing that there is a problem with the system. You look at the oil reservoir, and you see that the oil level is going down on a regular basis, so you assume that the motor is getting the proper amount of oil. Turns out that it was starving the motor for oil, and wiped out a piston. So in the last couple of weeks it got a new piston and rings, (we checked the other 3 pistons and they were all good), new wrist pin, cylinder walls were ok, just needed de-glazing of the wall for the new piston, polished up the combustion chamber on that one because of pieces of rings bouncing around in there wrecking stuff, got new water pump, new thermostats, disconnected the oiling system because a new oil pump is $900. We will just pre mix the gas as we're putting it in just like the old days. Got new fuel filter, new plugs, and adjusted all up. We did all the work here at home. Give credit where credit is due, Stevie did 90% of it all and only asked questions of me. He wanted this to be his first engine rebuild. I've done tons of this stuff through all my old jobs, and he wanted to get his hands dirty, so he went for it. He will now give it a full gelcoat buffing and refinishing, complete new interior, with new gauges. He is also giving the trailer the once over with LED lights, trailer brakes, new rims and tires, and complete sand and paint job. Holy, the whole thing will be all brand new. It's a 16 foot Cadorette Ski Master.

With this part out of the way, I can finally start thinking of getting the Pup out for camping. Ahhhhhh camping......isn't that a nice thought?

Just gotta make it through tomorrow and all will be good.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    ccptbo and Strawhouse like this.
  10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Glad too hear Peanut Brittle is running again ..

ccptbo and Wrenchgear like this.
  11. Wrenchgear

The kids all decided last week around the campfire here in the backyard that it will be called 'Ricky Spanish'. Not sure if you all are fans of American Dad cartoon on TV, but there is a crude alien on there called Roger. As it turns out, Roger has many, many alter egos and personas, Ricky Spanish is one of them. I've seen pretty much every episode of American Dad, but can't actually remember that episode. I'll have to go and look it up. Sorry Snow, it won't be Peanut Brittle.....

12. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Peanut Brittle would have been a great name! lol

I've never seen even one episode of American Dad, so no clue. But I will look that up just so I know who you are talking about.

13. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I saw about 5 minutes of that show once and well don't think you could pay me enough to watch it..

It will always be Peanut Brittle too me... Even looks like with that brown strip down the side..

ccptbo likes this.
  14. Wrenchgear

Yeah, you know, a lot of years ago, we used to watch The Simpsons. We watched it for years, but it grew tiresome and boring. Then the kids started watching Family Guy and American Dad. At the beginning I found both of them to be pretty crude and didn't like either one of them. As the years have gone by, I've been exposed to both and have watched quite a bit of them. They're actually quite funny once you get to understand all the stupid characters. There are still a lot of other cartoons that I don't go for that people think are great, so I understand where you're coming from. Things like South Park, Rick and Morty, Archer, King of the Hill, and a few more, do absolutely nothing for me, and I never watch any of those. Tina likes Bob's Burgers, I find it ho hum. She also likes the American Dad and Family Guy as well.

15. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I can't say I've ever watched the Simpsons....found it too utterly ridiculous. Never watched Family Guy either.

16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is ready.. only a few days to go..

ccptbo likes this.
  17. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Greg has his list to get done. Hopefully he remembers it! But I tackled the majority of the stuff I needed to get done, on the weekend.
    Still have to make the cake. Never attempted it at the site, not sure I want to. lol

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I have a propane tank to get filled..

ccptbo likes this.
  19. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

As do we! Not sure if we are bringing ice maker or not. Freezer is pretty empty. Might just load it with ice.

20. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Considering that I had originally planned to go to Steph’s Schodack Rally on Apr 29th, it’s amazing how much stuff I still had to do to get ready.
    Propane on list. It’s amazing. I’ve only used about 1 1/2 tanks in the past 3 summers—155+ Nights of camping.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

ccptbo likes this.