2020 Ontario Summer Rally ..

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by Snow, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Who do you think would go camping with anti chipmunk nerd guns? ..

2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

You’d think that hint would help...
    ...but it really doesn’t! :p

3. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We all get this, Jimmy. We all don't have vacation like Snow!! [LOL][LOL][LOL]

I have to book my holidays in January, so that my daycare parents know 6 months ahead and can book their vacation to hopefully coincide with mine. So I already know when I'm taking my unpaid holidays until this Christmas. It's not really that bad and I have a great group of parents that agree I need time off, especially being a camper.
    I can take as much time off as I want....however, if I took a lot...I wouldn't have a job or money. Therefore, I limit it to about 3 full weeks, spread out over the months from June-Oct. Not camping over Victoria Day weekend definitely helps. Or in September with the first month of school....and since we are looking at going to Florida again next Nov.....I'm limiting things.

You do what you have to do!!! [Guitar]

4. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Who doesn't!?!?!?!

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Obviously Pat doesn't...lol

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I have all my vacation time picked and booked in November for the following year.. While it is great for somethings like camping specific weekends, it doesn't allow for any changes when things come up.. Next year I should be getting another week of vacation too, which I will try to stick somewhere between February and June..

WATCHYA TALKIN' ABOUT WILLIS!!??
    I only get 18 days per year, and have to use bank time to cover for a full week.. Next year I do gain a whole 3.5 days.. ..

You should go the first week of December.. ;) You never know, you might get [sf] a couple days, if I can get on a flight...lol

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I only get 160 hours a year and can't over-accrue more than 180. But that's rarely a problem. On the plus side, if I DO need more than 160, I can take it. At one point, I was ~140 hours in the hole due to a child's illness. I missed an annual review/raise that year, so they just reset me to +160 hours and called it even. But the world kept turning. I work for a great bunch of guys.

ccptbo and Strawhouse like this.
  8. Strawhouse

No, but I do have a slingshot!
    I hang it on the back of my front door as a deterrent to the deer who eat my deer-resistant perennials and shrubs. I haven’t used it, because they apparently sense that it’s there! [LOL][LOL][LOL]Sadly. It doesn’t keep them—or the turkeys—away from my bird feeder in winter.

However, I won’t be bringing my slingshot to the rally, p since according Canadian Criminal Law:
    “Weapon” means any thing used, designed to be used or intended for use
    (a) in causing death or injury to any person, or
    (b) for the purpose of threatening or intimidating any person
    and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes a firearm.”

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

So where would a catapult fit into the criminal code I wonder..

You want to keep deer away from the bird feeder.. a .308 would work great.. and you could have Bambi steaks and roasts..

10. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Who has been lying to you? I have deer that eat Lantana and Marigolds. They have eaten the German Bearded Iris to the ground. There is no such thing as deer resistant. Just a list arranged in preference order.

Strawhouse and ccptbo like this.
  11. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

[LOL]

12. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I guess Nerf guns are ok then!! lol

13. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Very good point!!

14. Strawhouse

No, but I do have a slingshot! However, according to theI’m sure that ON Parks would consider it a weapon. I hang it on the back of my front door as a deterrent to the deer who eat my deer-resistant perennials and shrubs. Sadly. It doesn’t keep them away from my bird feeder in winter.
    True! I have a homemade spray made with a Listerine & Murphy’s Oil soap that usually keeps them at bay—even from the 40+ hostas I have across the back of my house. I back onto a golf course, so there’s never a shortage of deer on my property. I had 10 at my front door a few days ago, largely because we haven’t had a lot of snow—less than 2 ft at the moment.

15. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

I live in the Deep South. We have more than slingshots. Your Border Police saw my tag and shook my vehicle down for 30 minutes while trying to enter your country. That's right, piss off the tourist.<GG>

Of 40 houses on two streets that we live on atleast 3 or 4 have bows or crossbows they have used in their backyards.

25 years ago the state announced if they didnt increase the harvest by 400,000 a year they would lose control of the herd. They lost control!

There are no sprays that work on mine. Barbershop hair, Irish Spring, Gain, Peppermint oil, The 50.00 a jug stuff. The only thing that will stop them is a 7' high wooden barricade fence as they cant see were they will land. A 22 half way between the eye and the ear works.

I used to spray Habenaro juice. They stripped the leaves leaving branches and the peppers so the plants died. I gave up.

16. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

PS: We usually have twins in our backyard every August the does are so well fed. The subdivision is divided in half. Half are deer feeders and half are gardeners who harvest corn fed deer. <GG>

Strawhouse likes this.
  17. Strawhouse

My deer spray recipe:
    1 cap of Listerine (the original yellow)
    2 caps of Murphy’s oil soap
    Fill to 1 litre (a quart will do for my US friends)
    Spray well. Reapply after rain.
    It really does work well and smells nice!

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa... you had 10 of them walk right up to your door... do you at least have 2 of them in your freezer now?

19. Strawhouse

Yes! They actually come right onto the covered, stamped concrete patio at my front door to get the seed I throw down for the mourning doves and juncos. No, Craig, none have made it into my freezer.

20. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

FWIW......I used the new website to book Fathers Day camping and also was not impressed. As stated in some posts here, site dimensions and distance from electrical no longer available. Photos of sites not as revealing as previous version. And it appears that just booking a site requires more clicks from page to page until the process is complete. I don't understand why they would make changes to a website and make it less informative and more time consuming. It just makes no sense.

ccptbo likes this.