2020 Rockwood Premier HW277 - check it out!

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by ryguyFam, May 26, 2020.

1. ryguyFam

ryguyFam Member

Hey everyone!

You can check out some of the history leading up to our purchase of this new 2020 HW277 here, but long story short: grew up with a pop up, parents gave me one a couple years ago, I gutted it and reno'd it, needed a temp place to live between moving houses last year, traded the inherited popup for my parent's TT and lived in that for a week, loved it but it was too big to do the kind of camping we like so we sold it, and this year we needed to get back to pop up camping so we purchased this one! PHEW!

Haven't been out in it yet but it is setup in the driveway and man, what a beaut! Will post some pics, and will follow up with some trip reports eventually, no major mods planned yet (does need some sort of locking mechanism for the slide out kitchen as well as fold down legs) but already dreaming of a new paint job (flat olive) and maybe some bigger suspension and tires for offroading, but definitely at LEAST after the 1y warranty expires.

Initial impressions - it pulls like a dream despite how big it is. And it is huge. Typically you can see over the tops of pups in my experience but this one that is a no-go. It almost looks like a shorty TT more than a pup. Weighs in at 3300lbs. Being brand new, everything looks and smells amazing, the fit and finish is pretty great! It has everything the big TT's have yet has 360* screens and views. Even has heated mattresses! Glamping for sure. Anyway let me know if you want to see anything specific, or have any questions!

IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2876.jpeg

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Ductape, bondo54, GandD and 6 others like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Very nice!

ryguyFam likes this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I like the colors this year. What does the interior look like? The last one I looked at was so dark and depressing looking.

ryguyFam likes this.
  4. ryguyFam

ryguyFam Member

Interior colors are still kinda...greyscale. I love it personally but I can see how it could seem dark and depressing. On a sunny day it def isn't so depressing!! Seems like it will be easy to keep clean too, AND no carpet! :) I can take some pics of the inside soon.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Very nice looking camper. Enjoy for many years to come.

ryguyFam likes this.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Nice new rig. Congratulations!

ryguyFam likes this.
  7. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

we had a 2010 hw277 for 6 years - had a great time with it. hope you have a great time with yours as well.

ryguyFam likes this.
  8. ryguyFam

ryguyFam Member

Thanks for the well-wishes y'all! Just booked a site for this weekend :) Excited to try it out!!

9. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Congratulations! I upgraded in March into a 2018 HW27KS (the Flagstaff version of yours) Due to the current situation my last 4 camping reservations have been cancelled, so I have yet to camp in it! I am however typing this reply from camp driveway. Enjoy your first trip out & let's see some pics of the inside!

ryguyFam likes this.
  10. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Well-Known Member

Very nice!
    We got our first pup last June and I'm so glad dh talked me into the larger camper. We decided it was time to get off the ground, but didn't want to give up the tent. So pups fit the bill. We lucked out with a 2007 Fleetwood Avalon that was in great shape; and man that thing is huge! I love that it has two king sized beds and the U-shaped dinette is great.
    Enjoy your new camper and the adventures you will have.

ryguyFam and Sjm9911 like this.
  11. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

That's a great camper[A]

ryguyFam likes this.
  12. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Active Member

Very nice. Had a deal fall through for a Flagstaff HW29SC this past weekend. A touch bigger than yours. The Rockwood is the HW296. They are beautiful. Enjoy it!

ryguyFam likes this.
  13. bondo54

bondo54 Well-Known Member

002.jpg I have the same thing but a 2017. I like the color of yours mine is white with brown graphics. I believe your inside is lighter color too.

ryguyFam likes this.
  14. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

A little late, but congratulations on the new camper, neighbor !

bondo54 and ryguyFam like this.
  15. ScottinLA

ScottinLA New Member

Hey there congrats on that— I bought exactly the same one a few months back. It was a huge increase in space for us over our previous unit, and I really like it overall. Definitely had to adjust our camping style a little, mostly wastewater management (I think I liked the cassette toilet better than the “better” unit in the 277).

I had about a hundred problems with mine, which I fully expected, almost all due to crappy quality control and Stone Age manufacturing techniques. And most of them I was prepared to deal with, since warranty service is not something I have patience for. Message me if you are interested in seeing a lot of photos of things to look out for, and some of my solutions. I have enough to make my memory chip burst

D6C0B238-C6E2-4053-8131-03E919F6A731.jpeg

Eric Webber, Ductape and Sjm9911 like this.