2020 Schodack Island State Park "Not A Rally"

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, Jun 18, 2019.

1. stefie19

stefie19 Well-Known Member

I saw the one he posted last week....but I'm hoping by mid-June, things might be better?

All my trips that are months out are being cancelled but I'm still waiting to hear about TWO trips in April! The cruise (which I know will be cancelled but I want Carnival to do it so I get something out of it) and a camping trip at a private campground that was supposed to be our de-winterizing trip. I might just cancel it and leave the camper winterized this year at the rate we're going.

2. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

I’m assuming Spencer and Raycfe weren’t cancelled as they are coming in 5/1. The rest of us were coming in 4/29 or 4/30. I was originally a 5/1 arrival but then I changed it a month ago. Spent the change fee and everything to ultimately lose my whole reservation. Sigh...

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yes I'm in on the 1st. I see the sites open but they are not available to book. They are not reserved. In fact , you can't book anything, as someone i think said. Crazy.

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

As far as the PA rally, the PA state parks are open, but camping is not. They are not cancelling reservations yet, but unless this blows over in the next month or so, I don't see my rally happening either. Just have to wait and see.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

The communication is spotty. You're cancelled, but not really. Our parks are closed, but your reservation isn't cancelled. I guess April will be a informative month.
    Right now. my Schodack is cancelled and I can't book for 5/1. PA isn't cancelled yet, but it's not looking good. CT is cancelled. RI, No word yet. VT is so far out, no one knows.

6. Sjm9911

We will need to see what happens in the next two weeks. Right now its not looking good. Cases of the virus are spreading rapidly. Additionally, people are tired of being at home, i see more people then i can ever remember gathered in parks , playing ball, running etc. So not social distancing. Over here the cases are going up each day, adult care facilites, nursing homes etc are getting hit hard.

7. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I’m really disappointed as well. I camp with this particular group 4-5 times a year. I can’t imagine not being able to see them until next year! I can’t travel to the US, since my travel insurance is not avail during CDN travel advisories. I hope you have an opportunity to join us at future rallies. I, for one, am still hoping that we will at least get together for our last annual rally at Winhall Brook Campground, VT in the fall: https://www.popupportal.com/threads/2020-vermont-rally.128189/page-4#post-1326884

I had booked 63 nights—not including overnights on way to/from rallies—for this year. I’ve just recently had to make the decision to cancel The 3 AOC (Aliner Owners Club) rallies (2 in ON; 1 at Lunenburg NS) that I had organized for this year.

8. Sjm9911

:sad:

9. Strawhouse

Knowing that travel to the US is not possible for now, Jenn (AlgonquinGirl) and I booked a June weekend at Canisbay Campground in Algonquin Park. After we booked, Our Provincial Parks have been closed. Our reservations haven't been cancelled, so nothing is final.

10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

with pa parks closed until. April 30 , I got a voice mail from PA state parks Monday said that my upcoming reservation (first one being arrival date of 4/30. Until 5/3 at Sinnamahoning state park ) will be cancelled and money refunded.
    But looking on my account. It’s still showing confirmed. So not sure what’s going on yet

11. Strawhouse

I had planned to meet and some other friends at French Creek SP, PA following the Schodack rally. My May 3rd-5th reservations have not been cancelled. I just waiting for ReserveAmerica to cancel them, so I won’t have to pay the cancellation fee. That’s provided they extend the closure, of course.

12. shelmily

According to our governor, camping at the state parks are closed until April 30. But as other states have done, they are closing reservations indefinitely. If you have a reservation that has an arrival date after April 30, they are not cancelling them, yet...

13. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

So, it would appear that since my reservation started on April 30 and ran until 5/3, they cancelled the whole thing. But others started on 5/1 and ended on the same date, theirs weren't cancelled.
    I'm hanging on to my hope and my PA reservation. Doesn't look like I have to worry about taking the girls out of school for a few days for PA any more. Return to School has been pushed off until May 6 now.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  14. Sjm9911

School will be cancled for the year. I would bet on that. Some states allready caneled theres. Somwhere some bean counter thinks its eaisier to tell us if schools closed in small intravals.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. I'm betting on it.

16. shelmily

The University I work at has already stated classes will be online the rest of the semester which ends the first week of May. Today we got notification that graduation will happen the first weekend in August, instead of May. My kids school sent out an email yesterday that it would be at least the end of April until they resume normal in school function. They usually only go until the first week of June anyway. At this point, everything is pure guesses and speculation, as no one knows for sure. But I agree, I don't think schools are going back this year.