2020 Schodack Island State Park "Not A Rally"

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Dont fix what ain't broken. Buy the carbon screw on one for the tap, its eaisier. The water thing i read, but being not farmiler with the pump systems, and not having a problem i kind of skimmed it. Basically was it simmiler ( but more complex) to a expansion tank?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

It's exactly a small expansion tank. It helps the pump cycle less. That along with setting the pump pressure switch should make things work more smoothly.
    My sink faucet won't work with a screw-on filter. That was my first choice. But the sink has a built in retractable hose with a selectable stream/spray.
    Engineer's Motto: If it ain't broke, fix it and make it better.

Strawhouse likes this.
  3. Sjm9911

Screw on at the hose outside. If you want it under the sink, just use 2 shut offs and a union or find 2 quick connects. The quick conects break over time. I never had luck with them. They do make something for bigger rvs ( i think i saw them) that connect to the water pump. Plently of ways to do it. For me screw on at the hose works.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I use a KDF filter on the city water hose. But this would filter water from the tank as well as from outside. I found a bypass plug that fits the filter head so I can winterize/summerize without needing to leave the filter in place. I also found cheaper brand filters than the 3M filtrete brand with equivalent NSF certifications.
    We mostly drink water instead of soda/juice, so we go through a lot of bottled water.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

Ugh. I just realized that our big fundraiser event falls right in the middle of this weekend. :oops:
    No idea what to do. So so sad.

6. Sjm9911

Send money and go camping! Unfortunately in life you have do do stuff for your well being, and thats relaxing by a campfire. There will always be fundraisers, but not many times to go camping with freinds.

JunkyBurrittos likes this.
  7. JunkyBurrittos

Yeah, but I’m supposed to be one of the chief organizers, so my guilt is in full force. We’ve done this a few times now with lots of hands on deck. I could just put in a bunch of time beforehand and sit out the actual event, I guess. Just life and work have been kicking my butt and I’ve been a total slacker in my volunteerism, and now I’m a slacker again. Ugh.

I might add a day and come Thursday instead of Friday, and just decide later whether I should skip potluck and leave on Saturday or say heck with it and hang with you guys. I did tell them I’ll be out of state but feeling guilty nonetheless. But you’re right Spencer, my soul needs some campfire time, so I’m not going to cancel this without a fight. Plus I gotta check out your new rig!

The snow is coming down like crazy and I just want it to be Camping season again!

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Boooooo, Donna. We're gonna miss you.

9. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Whatever you decide, you know where we'll be. :)
    I say keep the reservation and make the decision that week/weekend. Mom guilt is the worst.

Strawhouse likes this.
  10. JunkyBurrittos

Don’t write me off just yet Jimmy. o_O

Strawhouse likes this.
  11. JunkyBurrittos

Yes. I just added Thursday night so I at least have Thursday and Friday nights to hang with you guys. I may have to skip the potluck and leave Saturday but I’m going to wait a bit on that decision. We honestly have enough people the night of the event, it’s all the work getting it going that’s the heavy lifting. This is actually a community fundraiser and not a school or sport one. I try to be a good human being every now and then just to throw everyone off.

Anyhow the plan now is to at least come out a bit. Miss you guys!

Strawhouse likes this.