• Pymatuming Andover

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
So, I'm starting a bit earlier than last year. Looking at holding the rally at Geneva on the Lake, Pymatuming Jamestown (PA) or Pymatuming Andover (OH). Date wise looking toward the end if September.

ill.plainsman

happy, happy
Jun 21, 2012
Champaign Illinois
Whats the differences between them? Ive never been out there. Except for 2013 Ive been Illinois bound. I had a great time in 13 going to 4 out of state ones tho. Give me a reason, any reason.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I prefer Jamestown, however Looking on PA Dcnr. pymatuning Jamestown seems like they are not accepting reservations , maybe it’s a Covid issue still. Linesville campground seems to be working though. And Ohio reservation system is only 6 months out normally so we would have to wait another month to book there. I am going to wait just alittle bit longer to vote. But will go where ever the majority takes us

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
Updated the poll, Jamestown is closing for the season July/August for a shower house replacement project. As far as Linesville I’ve never stayed there but I did drive through and the sites are much to tight for a state park.

so it’s between the quaint city of Geneva on the lake or Andover, OH. Both places I think are good avenues, it’s been a while since I’ve been to Andover so if we do that one I’ll need to figure out what loop is best for a rally.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I will be voting for Andover since it is someplace different. Ohio is six months out. So have to wait until next month to reserve. Are you thinking last weekend in Sept 24-26th ?

Last edited:

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Whats the differences between them? Ive never been out there. Except for 2013 Ive been Illinois bound. I had a great time in 13 going to 4 out of state ones tho. Give me a reason, any reason.
ok a few reasons.....if we go to Pymatuning
You get to visit two states at the same time, Great walleye fishing , excellent ice cream on the causeway. If we go to Geneva on the lake. Excellent sunsets on Lake Erie, a lot of local winery’s, and great donuts on the pier, either place. You also hang out with a great bunch of folks

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
Come cast your vote for our 2021 fall rally. Polling close soon. I’m so ready to camp and will hopefully get a lot of camping in before this rally.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thou. Ohio is actually considered mid west region, My vote is in. But I will go either place just waiting to book a site !

Salandrew

Apr 27, 2016
Shelocta, PA
Decisions, decisions... not sure, love Geneva, but Pymatuning is always nice. We like going someplace new. Why do you make it so hard on us Rob?!? At least I know we won’t have to turn around because of a low tunnel since we aren’t going to Jamestown.

crosbys2008

Super Active Member
Sep 2, 2013
Erie, PA
Decisions, decisions... not sure, love Geneva, but Pymatuning is always nice. We like going someplace new. Why do you make it so hard on us Rob?!? At least I know we won’t have to turn around because of a low tunnel since we aren’t going to Jamestown.
Who little I'm me making things hard... At least I'm starting the process earlier this year!!

tenttrailer

Art & Joyce - Columbus, O
Jul 18, 2013
Thornville, OH
We like the ohio Pymatuming. I dont think we can make reservations until 6 months before. But that one site that does not have electricty on the lake in PA is very nice.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have been to shenango rec area many times, it’s a ACOE campground , used for flood control, and they will kick you out if they have to flood the campground, it only happened to me once, and I been there many, many years, so highly unlikely but it does happen. The campground. Is basically 2 parts, the main section. Which have several loops, and the upper campground which is more isolated by a long road, I personally never stayed in the top campground . I stay mostly on the lake loop, as Kath,s brother usually boats there. the lake loop is nice, but no electricity, the odd numbers are lakefront and premo in my opinion, especially on a weekend, but they go rather fast, only downfall on the lake loop is the road trough the loop is one way, and somewhat narrow, with steep drainage ditches on both sides, and could be somewhat tricky Counter Backing in longer trailers in , but doable, just don’t rush , There is one electric loop, in the main campground, I beleive 200 section if not mistaken , bathrooms are ok, mostly clean, but don’t expect soap in the sinks, never there! It’s primary a boating campground, not much else to do there, however. Hermitage area and Sharon. Is right down the road plenty of shopping, grocery stores, and fast food around. I know. Barry stayed there before as well, I beleive on the canal side. And he was pleased, I do have a list of favorite sites that I like, so if you ever want to go. Hit me up for some recommendations

Last edited:

HookingWings

Jul 29, 2015
We like Geneva. It's a little closer to home for us and we enjoy going to the wineries. But whatever you decide, we will try to be there.

Janet & Ferd