2021 hocking hills rally.

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by vagov, Feb 9, 2020.

1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

If we stick with the original dates of May 14-16 2021 for this rally, does it conflict with the regular dates for the Michigan rally at Holly?? Reason asking I know some may want to attend both. So in that case we can come up with a alternative date possibly . I also beleive Ohio books 6 months out if correct. This park. Books fast, so I want to make sure we have a good date, and ample time to start planning.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    tenttrailer likes this.
  2. TrailManorMan

TrailManorMan New Member

Michigan rally is always on Father’s Day in June. Except this year not happening due to park closures.

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Thanks skip

4. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

This park does book fast with the 6 month window, but May will still be during the school year so it might not be so bad. That said, be safe and book early

5. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Hey Rocky, hey Rocky.......remember this one?

Do not take a noisy toddler or worse yet a young baby who might cry for 15 minutes at 1 in the afternoon, or have your dog go nuts for 2 minutes at 2AM, because 6 raccoons are raiding your site.

Try not to get a site next a busy body who reports you to the Rangers for babies crying and dogs barking. The Ranger may suggest to you if the baby cries again perhaps you can put her in the car, on a 90 degree day in August, and if your dog barks again you'll be booted out.

Thats my Hocking Hills story and I'm sticking to it.

BTW. I am fairly certain you might not have to worry about it because the Ranger in question is no longer employed there, after some pesky out of state camper made a formal complaint to the ODCNR.

A really nice campground though, and park in general, although typically crowded. The small lake down through the woods behind the campground is a hidden gem if you wet lines that hardly had any pressure when I have been there, and has some nice Largemouth's that only seem to hit on the surface at night.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  6. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

May 14 2021 sounds good, it's the weekend after mothers day. I have not gotten a chance to get over there since the governor keeps closing the CG's. He just closed my May 17 reservations, which is the 4th set canceled.

I still like the idea of the CS's where we were 4-5 years ago. That section is now full service from about the showers down and around the water tower.

May 14 2021 sounds good, it's weekend after mothers day. Plan on making your making reservations December 14.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  7. RockyRoo

I do, that was just a completely absurd experience you had at that park and as an Ohio resident at that time I apologize for the behavior of our idiotic employee.

8. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Not required Jay.........

How long ago was that? 2015 maybe. I might even go back there someday despite being adamant at the time I would never spend another dime in OH. I always said if I went from PA to Michigan I would of went though WV-KY-IN or Canada LOL.......

9. RockyRoo

I think it had to be 2014 because we had the blue truck and the timing doesn’t work out for 2015. I wouldn’t be afraid to go back, it’s a really nice area and they turned that entire side that we were on into FHU sites now.

10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

talking things over this past weekend with the crew at the Black Moshannon rally. I believe its best to wait until September timeframe to narrow down a exact date for this proposed rally, I am waiting to see the outcome of this Covid situation, plus if the kids still start school again in the fall. this may or may not affect the May 2021 proposed date. I believe the park is still currently closed this camping season, so we will have to wait until further confirmation on re opening. I am hoping to still host this either in May, or early summer given the circumstances work out.