2021 Schodack Island "Not A Rally"

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, May 12, 2020.

1. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Precisely.....it just so happened that their Dad offered to stay at our house with the kids and keep the dog. Who am I to say no?? lol

Strawhouse and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

There must be a story.....

3. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Oh, there definitely is... Do you want Steph's version or the correct one? [:D]

ccptbo likes this.
  4. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Definitely the CORRECT one.....

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

[CF][REDC][)#(] as close as I can get to " grab your popcorn, this will be good"

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. stefie19

stefie19 Well-Known Member

The correct version IS my version. Mike’s version is the made up one that he uses to make himself feel better about insulting me before he even knew me...

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Macaroni off!!!!!!!!

8. shelmily

A few years ago, we were at the Vermont rally potluck. I was sitting at the table with Davylee. We both had taken some of this cheesy casserole looking stuff and started talking about it. I don't remember who, but one of us asked the other what it was. Neither one of us knew, but tried it and both decided it was good, but still didn't really know what it was, or who had made it. As we are discussing this, and asking people, unknown to us, the newcomer to the rally, Steph, was sitting on the other side of the table from us and gives us the stink eye, then proceeds to inform us that it was macaroni and cheese, and that she had made it. Dave and I may have disagreed/harassed her a bit after that, but neither one of us ever said it wasn't good. We did let her know it wasn't mac and cheese though. Thus started the mac and cheese debate. The best part is she was at the rally by herself that year. So she goes home and tells her husband about it. At the next rally, Jeff asks so who are the ones who gave you crap about your mac and cheese? We have been friends ever since. [LOL][LOL][LOL]

Ductape, Sjm9911 and ccptbo like this.
  9. stefie19

[LOL][LOL][LOL]

Wow Mike, you spent a lot of quality time on that story...

I will redeem myself this year.

[LOL][LOL][LOL]

ccptbo likes this.
  10. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

That is a really GOOD story....Love it!! I like Jeff's comeback too.....lol.

11. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

OY! So, in talking with the kids last night (big mistake!) and told them that we are going to the States next year for the Schodack Rally....Amy pounces up and says "woot woot! Can't wait". So I had to quickly bring her down a notch and tell her that she wasn't going and then Brian gave me this dumbfounded "WTF" look and Amy returns with "But those American camping people were so cool!"

We may have some kinks to work out.....

12. stefie19

Ahhhhh HAHAHAHA! That Amy knows where it’s at! LOL, I knew I liked her! And isn’t the WTF just a permanent look these days with teenage boys. Jake looks at me with this look on a regular basis.

ccptbo likes this.
  13. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Ummm, ya. He very much has that "WTF" down pat....he would NEVER say it out loud or he'd get his ass whupped. lol And Amy is pretty good at it herself....being 13 and all! lol But she gets her attitude from me.....comes by it honestly. All in all....good kids. And Brian has a gf now.....o_O

14. stefie19

Ugh girlfriends....Jake’s had two...neither of whom I’ve been a fan of. There’s one girl that I adore that he’s friends with but that friendship is hot and cold. He liked her, she wanted to just be friends, he considers her one of his beat friends, but he’s a boy so she’s constantly calling him out on lack of effort to stay in touch (they don’t go to the same school or live in the same town). And the DRAMA! I just keep telling him to enjoy the single life. Plenty of time to deal with girls.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    ccptbo likes this.
  15. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

YES! I hear ya. Brian's gf goes to the catholic high school in town and Brian goes to the public high school. At least she lives only 20 min away and seems to be nice from what I have seen of her. Still seems much too young for me....but we won't comment on my relationships at that age! And he won't know! lol

16. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

That would be Steph’s.

stefie19 likes this.
  17. shelmily

Hey Hey Hey! I take issue with that, Pat! Oh and look, Steph liked it, imagine that. I put a lot of effort into my story and it was very accurate. If Steph's is the "correct" version, lets hear it then. I'm going to tend to my wounded pride now.

ccptbo likes this.
  18. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I'm definitely up (down?) for hearing both versions....although, I don't know you yet, so my loyalty lies with Steph....so....and I can feed her booze.....

Do you drink?? :rolleyes: Can rubber arms be twisted with booze in this group?

19. stefie19

Over the years, Mike’s story has become a more accurate representation and the intonation has become clearer. You should have heard it the first year.

Imagine sitting across from two grumpy old men, having this conversation with each other:

Grumpy Old Man #1: “What’s this?”
    Grumpy Old Man #2: “I don’t know”
    Grumpy Old Man #1: “Is it some kind of casserole?”
    Grumpy Old Man #2: “I don’t know”
    Grumpy Old Man #1: “Who made it?”
    Grumpy Old Man #1: “I don’t know”
    Young Mom (sitting directly across from GOM 1 & 2, with 10 year old son, first time at the VT Rally, 2nd rally ever overall): “I made it. It’s Mac n cheese.”
    Grumpy Old Man #1: “It is?!? That’s not mac n cheese. I don’t know what it is but it’s not mac n cheese.”

5 years later...

Young Mom (sitting in her livingroom): “I can’t believe I’m actually friends with those Grumpy Old Men.”

Clearly it looked appealing enough to take and put on their plates and I’m pretty sure after our conversation they felt bad enough to take seconds.

But I have never made Mac n cheese since.

Ductape and ccptbo like this.
  20. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Those GOM sound Grumpy!!! And GOM #2 sounded like he was full of wise wisdom!