2021 Schodack Island "Not A Rally"

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, May 12, 2020.

1. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think that we need to hear both versions. So this is my proposal:
    Steph & Mike each need to present their version of the ‘incident’ at our Sat night campfire in VT. I’m sure that #(NotSo)CrankyDave could come up with a suitable scoring system to determine the winner once and for all.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Too funny...

The big question is, how was it made? What were the ingredients?

Short mac and cheese story ... lol

Happened a few years before the start of the Ontario Summer Rally, when I was trying to get something going (we actually had a pop up at the time) This rally was actually being held on our Victoria Day Weekend. Dates were voted on by members from here who said they were interested.

Anyways out of the 15 ir so members who said "yes we'll come" we ended up with just 4 families attending and the one family made an excuse and bailed on the second day.. So we had a potluck planned for the Saturday night as the one family had to go to church on Sunday they didn't want to have to hurry back to the campground and make their dish... ok, most people will skip church, heck even the preacher I know and camped with a couple times from another forum group, misses church when he is camping.

So fast forward to Saturday night. There is chili, hot dogs and burgers along with some fire roasted veggies and this casserole dish.. well this dish looks real creamy (think a combination of macaroni salad and potato salad). I'm not one for creamy sauces, but, being nice ( yes I can be nice sometimes Mel) I tried a small spoonful.. well it tasted like simulated cheese flavored mayonnaise.. To say it was hardly touched was an understatement.. Come to findout, it was sort of mac and cheese. It had 1 box of Kraft dinner , 4 or 5 packages of the cheese powder and instead of using milk, the lady used a large jar of no name mayo.. She claimed this dish was loved by their church group and it was the best way to make macaroni... Trust me it was nowhere near macaroni... so Steph, ad long as you had more then 1 box of macaroni and didn't use any mayonnaise and used real cheese instead of powdered cheese, you wi n it was macaroni....

ccptbo likes this.
  3. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Snow states a good argument there.....

4. stefie19

stefie19 Well-Known Member

I don't even remember what recipe I used....one printed off the internet. I do remember that it didn't include any of those things. It was elbow macaroni, shredded cheese (in a bag, not making that mistake as I've learned some things), and evaporated milk. It was probably cooked too long or not enough cheese because it was not creamy like I'm sure Mike and Dave have come to accept as true mac n cheese.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve this time. Hopefully they work to my advantage. Unfortunately, Dave won't be able to attest to it but Mike is pretty good at exaggerating a story so I'm sure Dave will get a detailed review.

ccptbo likes this.
  5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Lets get one thing straight. I never once said it wasn't good, in fact it was very tasty. The issue was the appearance. It did not look like any mac and cheese Dave or I had ever seen. So apparently we made the mistake of asking. Also for the record, as soon as Steph heard us ask what is it, she went into full defense mode. There was no way we were anything but horrible GOM from that point on. [LOL][LOL][LOL]

Ductape and ccptbo like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

*eats popcorn slowly*

ccptbo and Snow like this.
  7. stefie19

stefie19 Well-Known Member

Do you blame me?!?! Hindsight being 20/20, I should have kept my mouth shut and just agreed with you two. But that's not me, and I'm pretty sure you know that at this point.

And I'm pretty sure that I've put up with the two of you quite nicely for the last 5 years. I can take the ribbing. I just enjoy also giving you both a hard time about the situation in return. Love you!

Strawhouse likes this.
  8. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

HAHAHA I would not have it any other way Steph! and yes I do know you by now. :p

Strawhouse and ccptbo like this.
  9. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

YES!!!

I'm sure it was good Steph...sounds like how I make mine, minus evap milk.

10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I wasn’t there but I like Stef,s. Version better!

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Well, we heard both " sides' of the story and as we all know from watching countless hours of crime TV shows " the truth lays in the middle"..