2022 Inaugural Trip

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
Heading out this afternoon… and thing are finally starting to shape up!
View attachment 83470
Looks like nice weather for you! We just went a few hours away, but didn't want to bring our camper, too hard to get into the campground, it's a very steep hill, and there's really only one spot that would work, plus where we pak the Aliner in our yard it's so narrow, and we're new at all that backing in. But soon we'll be heading out, the third week of the month, I hope!
Have a great time!

neighbormike

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2012
WI
Dang dude, when does stuff start turning green up there lol, like a lush jungle down here, could almost mow twice a week...
Good question! Winter had dragged on far too long this year! Probably get a week of spring & then 85! Haven’t even had to mow the lawn yet (not necessarily complaining about that).
Edit: it is strange - normally can’t see through to the next campsite!

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
@neighbormike… Have a wonderful trip. Love your set up. Your TT looks good. And have a brew for me.

@Sjm9911… Sorry to hear that. Folks at my work know I camp often to refresh and rejuvenate from the stresses of the concrete jungle.

I won’t be able to go out again until June. And that’s if they don’t close the forest then. Let’s hope the monsoons come early!

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

DiamondGirl

Jul 2, 2016
AZ
@Hilldweller…

Thanks for the invite.
I wish we could hang out next week. I have Mahjongg games with my GF’s. No one ever misses cause it’s hard to find other players to substitute and we’re celebrating my GF’s birthday too. Not many folks around here know how to play Mahjongg. My games lasts all day with food and lots of drinks. LOL.

Check out forest conditions in AZ before arrival. Flagstaff’s located in Coconino forest. We have fire restrictions throughout the state right now from late spring to summer until our monsoons start.

This link provides information regarding current fires in the USA:

Hope your visit goes well and the weather is nice. Maybe next time you’re passing through!

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
Good question! Winter had dragged on far too long this year! Probably get a week of spring & then 85! Haven’t even had to mow the lawn yet (not necessarily complaining about that).
Edit: it is strange - normally can’t see through to the next campsite!

We've had touches of spring, but it appears 85 is going to be wishful thinking for the next week or so.

weather.jpg

neighbormike

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2012
WI
We've had touches of spring, but it appears 85 is going to be wishful thinking for the next week or so.

View attachment 83500
You go ahead and keep those temperatures lol! Not ready for that! Pretty much expecting the same as last year… cold all spring, went camping the first week of June and it was 90’s! Just no in-between anymore….
Edit: It is currently 63 and I couldn’t be happier!

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
You go ahead and keep those temperatures lol! Not ready for that! Pretty much expecting the same as last year… cold all spring, went camping the first week of June and it was 90’s! Just no in-between anymore….
Edit: It is currently 63 and I couldn’t be happier!
A light hoodie considered and your beverage of choice stays cooler in the shade. My kinda weather... Enjoy

djmello99

Feb 19, 2013
Anthem, AZ
@neighbormike… Have a wonderful trip. Love your set up. Your TT looks good. And have a brew for me.

@Sjm9911… Sorry to hear that. Folks at my work know I camp often to refresh and rejuvenate from the stresses of the concrete jungle.

I won’t be able to go out again until June. And that’s if they don’t close the forest then. Let’s hope the monsoons come early!

Happy Camping…[put&hy]
Maybe we’ll run into each other in the forest sometime. We usually camp north of Pine where the 87 meets the 260.

DiamondGirl

Jul 2, 2016
AZ
Maybe we’ll run into each other in the forest sometime. We usually camp north of Pine where the 87 meets the 260.
@djmello99 … Sounds good.

We camp by the Mustang Gas Station north of Hwy 260 and Hwy 87. We fill up our freshwater tank before heading down the forest road to go boondocking. I’ll be up there in July, August and now September since my doublesite has changed to a single campsite.

I’ll be camping at Christopher Creek in June. Can’t wait…

Happy Camping…[put&hy]