26' or smaller bunkhouse?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Detroit_Iron, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Member

I was impressed with the floor plan of the KZ, but the DW shot that down when I showed it to her. Apparently a divider between the master bed and the rest of the camper is a must for her........

2. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Our Jayco 28bhs is a little over 6000 lbs loaded. We pull it easily with our Silverado 1/2 ton. The total length is 30ft 6 inches. Took it on a 7000 miles trip last year and all was well, even in the Rockies and Bighorns. We firmly believe that Jayco makes a quality product and we are on our third one with zero issues. And yes, it does have a wall dividing the bedroom from the living area.

3. jdr999

jdr999 New Member

4. hahahamilton

hahahamilton Member

We have a 2007 Palomino 26 BHSL. It is a great trailer with single bunks in the back and the outside access door. Very easily towed.

5. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

I will say the privacy is nice. Our 26 DB has a separate bedroom up front, with a sliding accordian door. When 19 yo DD is camping with us, I can change clothes without asking her to leave the trailer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

6. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

do not count out the toy haulers a lot of them have a double bunk in the garage area and they tend to be more equiped for 4 season camping.

7. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Member

The hitch weight on a toy hauler is probably more than my truck can safely handle. They seem to average 800lbs+

8. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

I found my self one a Vengance and it worked fine with my 95 3/4 Chevy van which is a uni body vehicle. I gotta stay under 8500 lbs. and thats with weight distrabution and brake controler

as a matter of fact this one http://www.custom-rv.com/vengeancetoyhauler25v.html

would have bought it if I could have financed it

9. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

we just got a 2014 avenger 28bhs .but during the search we found a model u might like.star craft ultra light 26bhs. it is around 5500 lbs anx had alot of features. it is light alot of new features.

10. cullinan18

cullinan18 New Member

I really like the bunk house floor plans, but when they have the bike door, note most of those doors either have a frosted window that don't open or no window at all. I started leaning toward the Evergreen I-Go 239BH because of the opening, clear window instead of the bike doors.