2nd Annual 2017 Northeast PA Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by shelmily, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Just had oral surgery myself today so I may still be on a liquid diet come the weekend but nobody said that the liquid couldn't be of the adult only variety. You all may be in for a treat considering I'll likely be quieter than usual...but that means there will be nobody to tell Jeff that he's talking too much either.

2. fastlane

fastlane Race cars, Boats and campers Oh my.

Steph..I hope you heal up quickly! My wife is doing better but still cant eat solid food. She got tore up pretty good. Soup and yogurt will be on her menu this weekend.

3. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

I am planning on rolling out of Northern VA about 8:30 tomorrow morning. Going to stop at a grocery store of some sort when I get closer, but planning on being in by 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. Are they really strict about early check-in, or do you think I will be ok? Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Poor signal in park, so I'm answering for Dave. They gave him a bit of a hard time checking in early, because someone was booked the night before. Mike saw those campers pack up and leave in the morning and had relayed that info to Dave, but the rangers were concerned that the fellow might come back...

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Bad. Flooding storms rolling through the West side of the state tonight, but the weekend Looks to be much better weather, hope you all have good weather as well

6. StarCraft88

StarCraft88 New Member

Critters chewed through wires in several places on my TV. Check engine light and numerous other error messages came up as I was leaving to pick up other camper friend. Hope to get to the park tomorrow morning. Vehicle is on lift now at repair place. Should I call Park to let them know?

7. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

hope you all have a great time!!!
    Hey Pat - glad to know you got there safely from the Md Rally and safe travels for the rest of your trip.

8. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Stefie - hope you heal fast - and i hope to catch up with you at another rally (to be determined). :)

9. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

May have attempted solids too soon. But I'll live with some Advil. :)

It would be great to see you! We have 3 more rallies this year on the agenda but don't you have a big trip out west this year? Are you thinking you MIGHT make a New England rally this year?!?

10. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

We met Jeff in Honesdale and had a great time at the roots and rythm Festival

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  11. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

We got home around 1845 last night without incident. It was nice meeting new people and seeing old faces. Other than my awning fiasco the first night, everything was great. Thanks for a great rally Mike and I hope to see you all again soon.

Debfmaine and benfrench like this.
  12. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Had a decent ride yesterday, sorry I missed folks in the morning, but had a really great weekend. Glad to have met some new friends and see some old friends and Chris. :) Thanks for the rally Mike! I am planning on attending again next year, that park is amazing.

mercman likes this.
  13. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I hope everyone got home safe. I know Pat is still hanging around. Have a safe trip and good luck with your dealer when you get home. Even though the weather didn't cooperate on Friday, and threatened on Saturday, it all worked out. The potluck food was amazing, and too much as usual. It was great seeing old friends, and we had several new ones that I hope become old ones too. Josh learned that trees, awnings and darkness don't mix, Pat found a new species of green fireflies, and I found out you don't play cards with Katie! It was a great rally, and I thank everyone for coming. Hopefully you will all be back next year. I had a great time, and hope everyone else did too. Some of you I will see in Maine, and or Vermont, for the others, I hope to see you again down the road.

I will be holding it again next year. Same bat channel, same bat time. Or for those who are too young, same location, same Father's Day weekend. Just remember, this park and weekend fills up fast, and you can reserve 11 months in advance, so if you are even thinking of coming, reserve early. You can always cancel if you have to. I will start a new thread soon.

hvac1877 and Debfmaine like this.
  14. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

We made it home safe but had to take a side trip in order to look at my daughters car that broke down in Pennsburgh. we will be back next year for sure but I'm bringing a weather radio and a stocked i-pod. love camping but need my tunes. Mike thanks again for hosting, Jeff thanks for Meeting the Brewmaster, and everyone else meow it was really meow great meow to meet you meow. Oh and set an alert on your phone for July 14th which is what reserve America is saying is the earliest date you can reserve for that weekend.
    Until Maine Have A Great Summer

VTRailroadguy likes this.
  15. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a beautiful day st the park. Left today 7am. Now two hours south of border.

Thanks to all for a great weekend! See some of you in Conn and Vermont.

16. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

We made it home safely with a side stop at Stew Leonard's....for anyone driving on 84 in CT (you know, for the rally that Mike isn't going to...), it's the largest dairy/grocery store in the U.S. We used to live nearby but now we actually live in the town where the cows make the milk so it's a must stop if you want a pretty decent hot food buffet. Anyway, I digress. :)

Our camping season is going to be hit or miss next year...Jake turning 13 means all his friends are turning 13 which means it's mitzvah season for us. I thought about that last night when I was thinking about Schodack for Memorial Day weekend. The daughter of some of our closest friends is having her bat mitzvah that weekend so we won't be able to go that specific weekend. And another one of Jake's classmates is having hers Father's Day weekend but we aren't as close to them so maybe Jake will choose not to go. It seems we will have a packed schedule from the end of March until June next year.

Great rally Mike!

17. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed the rally, but sounds like everyone had a good time, anybody have any pics ?

18. Debfmaine

Debfmaine Member

Sorry I didn't get to say good by to every one, Pat came over and so did Ben, Mike, Peggy, Jamie, Josh, Stefie, and Jeff we finished up and we hit the road (it's Dave's fault) he said I said good-bys last night, didn't you? Well no........ oh well. We turn on too 390 at 8:00 on the dot. We got home around 3:00 by 3:30 the camper was unpacked and the first load of wash was in the machine. Mike thanks for a great Rally. Love meeting new friends. We will see everyone in CT next month. Or those of you who can make it. I may talk Dave into going down Wednesday night. Since we are not all that far away. [:D]

19. StarCraft88

StarCraft88 New Member

Thank you so much to Mike and his family and all who helped organize the 2017 rally. It was nice to meet people from PopUpPortal.com. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. My camping friend (Bev) and I (Wanda) were the ladies with the two labs. They (the labs) enjoyed the attention and the walks that the kids gave them. The gathering and potluck supper were great.

20. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Tell Dave I heard him banging around at such a god awful hour and thanks for waking me up. ;-)

Definitely come early to CT! We'll be there Wed night. Not sure what time yet but definitely by 6pm at the latest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.