2nd annual rally in the forest - Cooks forest state park

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by vagov, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I will be up there friday, i have the day off but have to wait for dw to get home from work. Not sure yet on time since her schedule is always last minute also looks like i am bringing a extra dog with me , since my son dropped off his beagle mix and said "see you in three weeks". :) [SUN]

2. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

New camper. [​IMG]

3. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Aww, Rhiannon is going to be so excited.

Sent From My Moto E

4. phager76

phager76 Active Member

One week away... The anticipation is building!

Sent From My Moto E

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Took my sons dog with us for his virgin camping trip, she woofs at every little thing, but besides that she did alright, 5 more days and she will going to her first rally also! [​IMG]

6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

extended accuweather , , Thurs high 75 a shower and t-storm around, 75%. precip. Friday high 76 mostly cloudy with scattered showers precip-61%. Sat high 74 variable cloudiness precip 55% sat night low 59 mainly clear precip 18%

7. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I,m not worried about the weather, I think we will be fine. as far as the meet and greet goes, for those arriving on Thursday, you will have to introduce yourselfs , , I will not be up until Friday , depending on my wife's schedule , she wont know it until thurs. night. I am hoping to arrive around 7pm, with alittle luck I will be earlier. Saturday is free to do what you want, I would like to possibly canoe, however that is pending river conditions,and with small children in attendance that would be your discretion. with all this rain lately it could be questionable again, or visiting Bear Town rock formations in Clear Creek SP. plus the camp ground itself offers a lot to do as well as far as a swimming pool, and planned activites, plus a petting zoo 1/4 mile down the road . we can do something as a group, or feel free to do what you want just with your family is fine. then we can meet up for a potluck , I am thinking around 6-6:30ish. since this is a small crowd, I figure we can just use whoever site is more convieint , bring what you like, I am sure that would be great! I have some firewood, but limited to space, so if others would like to contrubute, that would help. we can hold a commutial fire at the same site as potluck if desired as well. any questions feel free to ask.. see you all soon... JOHN

9. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Alright guys. Crystal and I would love to be the hosts for Thursday's meet and greet.

We'll do burgers, dogs and fruit salad. Bring your own chairs and drinks and we'll take care of the rest. Figure on around 5 for food bring ready, but stop by anytime.

We're thinking of heading to the Farmers Inn restaurant for their breakfast buffet on Saturday, and of course the petting zoo et cetera that's there. Thinking about checking out the go kart track that's nearby on Friday or Saturday afternoon.

And don't worry, John, we'll chip in a couple of bundles of firewood for the fire.

We're so excited to meet all of you guy's!! See you all in a couple of days.

Pat

Sent From My Moto E

10. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

Who all is arriving on Thursday? We will be there hoping to get there by 4pm. Sounds good about getting together on your site.

John, we'll have firewood with us and can pick some up, I know there's quite a few places to get some around the area.

We're looking forward to meeting everyone and meeting up with those we met last year.

--Rob--

11. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

John,

I'll pack an extra table in case we need it for the potluck on Saturday. Not that I'm counting down or anything but we leave in 28 hours and 8 minutes. Provided of course the wife and kiddos are ready to go!! :)

--Rob--

12. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

Something came up so unfortuntly i wont be comming this weekend.

13. phager76

phager76 Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that, Dave. I hope everything is alright.

Sent From My Moto E

14. sdmueller78

sdmueller78 New Member

For the pot-luck my husband Ewiley and I will be bringing camp fire cheesy pull apart bread, and chocolate cake [:)O]

15. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Bread and choc cake sounds pretty good to me! Sorry to hear dave cant make it , and thanks rob for the extra table.if you remember bring your scale to weigh the tw on my tt, I too have a table So we may or may not need it . Looks like we are now at 4 confirmed members, but thats ok. Should be able to get to know each other better. And still have fun. I ,m doing my no- rain dance tonight so we should be good. Work has kept me busy this week , so slowly getting things together. Probally running around like a chicken without a head tomorow night. But i will get it together! Now to look at receipes for the potluck!! See you all in a few hours.

16. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Trailer is all loaded up and ready to go. We leave in 8 hours since we have to take my eldest to her first day of a reading program at 9 in Peters township. I hope Campers Paradise allows early check in.

Now for the big question, will I get any sleep tonight?

Sent From My Moto E

17. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Archery weekend at campground is here! All American Archer Martin Smith is present and will be giving lessons, plus Sat morning exercise, Bingo, and a night hike is scheduled. Horseshoes, giant croquet, vollyballs, and basketballs can be signed out at store for use. pedal go carts rentals and wifi codes available for a small fee. 2 large pizzas and 20 liter for $20 at campground café. and at present the clarion river Pale Whale Fleet is operating for kayak and canoe rental, a swift current , and 8 yr old PLus is allowed on river. but subject to change since river currents drastically change, sometimes day by day or even hourly. cooksburg fun center, mini golf, go carts, currently operating. plus petting zoo, and Farmers Inn is operating as normal. lazer tag, and double diamond deer ranch is also operating with normal schedule.

18. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Well we made it. Sites are a bit close but we're all freinds so no biggie. We're in site 58, so howdy neighbor. The power poles are a bit odd, look like they're shared between sites but there's only one 30A Outlet in the box. We may need to rethink the meet and greet setup, the stiching on the awning bag failed while setting up so no cover for us and it's pouring right now. We'll play it by ear and see what happens

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

19. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

are there empty sites sites in between us ?

20. phager76

phager76 Active Member

What site are you in, John? If nothing else there's a fair amount of space behind the sites Rob and I are in so we could group up for the potluck and what not.

Saturday is looking to be a washout but with the awning failure, I'm going to pick up an ez-up for shelter and Rob has one as well so we should be able to have enough shelter for the potluck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.