2nd annual rally in the forest - Cooks forest state park

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by vagov, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I don't know my site yet either but have 2 ez ups and a awning. So we should be able to stay dry. Wife has to work until 4 then commute home in pgh traffic yuk. I am off and will be all packed up, 100 mile trip for me hopefully on road by 5 and there around 7-730ish. May even bring camper up in the am set up then drive back home to get her will see. Only thing that turns it into a 300 mile trip. Hymmm!

2. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Got some food shopping done, and a few things packed up, didnt get much done with the camper since it rained all day but the skys are calm for now and radar shows most of the heavy rain is out east now( at least this band). . i hope you made it there safe tonight rob, looks like friday should be rain free at least for awhile. Will finish packing up and hit the road running as soon as DW gets home

3. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Rob made it here no problems. We had a great meet and greet, it was just Rob's family and ours but we had a great time getting to know each other. Can't wait for you and ewhiley to get here tomorrow!

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Slight chance in plans, with the pending storms and basically washout due tomorow. My wife and i decided it probally will be best she stay home with the dogs, especially my oldest one who suffers terribly with cronic allergies. So i am comming up solo, not really what i wanted but the upside of it is at least i can get there earlier, plus may have less of a ear beating when the rain does hit. Haha since it just me i got less to pack so should be hitting the road shortly, should arrive before noon. Havent heard from ewiley yet, but wishing him safe travels. See you all around noon

5. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

Sounds good John, sorry your wife won't be joining us. Last night we had a great time meeting Pat and his family.

Here's hoping your rain dance wasn't done in reverse for this weekend.

--Rob--

6. phager76

phager76 Active Member

It might not be the biggest rally, but i think this lokks pretty nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Weather was perfect yesterday and last night, the conversation around the campfire was terrific. Even shared mountain pes together. Before you knew it it was after 11pm. So deciced to retire for the night. It started raining in the middle of the night and has been steady so far, just checked radar and it looks like it is slowly improving, looks like the heavy rain should be moving out with scattered showers this afternoon. Just have to hunker down abit longer, and i think we should be getting the potluck in. Alittle soggy, but looking foward another great day

8. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Yep, looks like if we can hold out for another hour or two we should be in for smooth sailing. One nice thing about the rain, normally when we're camping we are slways rushing to check out the next siggt or activity. Being cooped up inside, i get a chance to do my favorite activity, after lunch napping!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

9. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Re: 2nd annual rally in the forest - Cooks forest state park

Thanks for the great rally, John. We had an absolute blast in spite of the rain. Crystal and I really appreciate the time and effort that you put into this, and we're definitely in for next year.

It was really great to get to know Rob and his family and Carl and his family, thanks to all of you for making us feel like part of your families, and I hope we can work out doing more camping trips with you all in the future.

We did have a slight traction issue getting out of the swamp ( no, not Rob's Rockwood :D ), but with the help if my fellow portalites and a stack of Lynx we were able to get out.
    [​IMG]

For now, we're on our way to Pymatuning, hopefully the rain lets up and the temps go back to normal!

One final note. Anyone whose gone through this thread and was on the fence about this rally, please don't hesitate to come to the next one. I was very hesitant about going to this one and the MD one. I'm not the most social person and neither is my wife. But everyone I've met at both rallies were incrdibly friendly and welcoming. There's never been any pressure to do anything other then chip in at the potluck. So please sign on uo for a rally and get to know the wonderful group we have at the Portal!

Sent From My Moto E

10. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

Yeah, Pat definitely not this SWAMP!! :)
    [​IMG]

We had a great time as well. Can't believe how quickly time flew by.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a very wet weekend but still had a great time and look forward to camopinjg with everyone again.

--Rob--

11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Yep , all dried out in the tt. The awnng is put back away! Hope all had a good time , next year the rally is changing alittle though, dates and location will be posted soon, even though sat was the wettest day, still mananged to hold a great potluck., and have great fellowship. Hope carl and family have a good trip back to virgina. And pat and family enjoy the extra day in the sun, yes the SUN did finally come back out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.