2nd Time Around

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by thelmuth, Nov 6, 2015.

1. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

Hello, we used to have a SunLite Pup in the late 90's that we enjoyed frequently. We took jobs working at a Christian Camp and Conference Center and rightly figured that we wouldn't be doing much camping with that being our job, so we sold it to a friend.

We have just started tent camping again in the last couple of years. We have a tent just big enough for the 2 of us (the kids are grown). Found this 1993 Jayco on CL and bought it. It is very clean, newer canvas, new flooring, newer tires and brand new A/C.

We took our first trip with it last weekend and enjoyed it very much. It is so much better than crawling in and out of a tent at 50. :)

I should have looked at the roof/sideboards better before purchase. The sideboards are rotted where the latches attach and will need to be repaired. I'm afraid that when I get into it I may end up with a total roof rebuild [:(] Oh well, that will be a project for after this camping season, although I will try to affect a temporary repair to get me through till summer. In Florida we camp in the Fall thru Spring and take Summer off.

Attached Files:

• Camp.jpg
      Camp.jpg
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
  2. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

Ah, but now you have air conditioning. Summer camping is fun!

Welcome from Georgia!

3. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Welcome from the Big Bend!

4. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

Welcome from San Antonio!

5. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the portal from Phoenix Arizona, Happy camping!

6. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

Welcome back, camp on!

You have to be sure to try and make a rally. You are in Brooksville and that is not far from us. (St Petersburg)

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=100342.msg1017127#msg1017127

The rallies are so much fun and you will meet a lot of really cool fellow campers. And the food....

I have the same issue with my campers roof sides. Over the last year they have gotten worse. I need to tear it apart soon. Not looking forward to it. But I know from others on here it is do able.

If you do repair it, let us know!

FL Bill

7. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

My ultimate goal is to build a new roof next summer in the meantime I will look for a way to strengthen/stabilize it to get by until the rebuild. I will take pics and post what I do to it.