3 - way Fridge Lock Broke

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by JAprilson, Aug 27, 2013.

1. JAprilson

JAprilson New Member

On our last trip the lock/latch broke and won't keep the door sealed that well. I haven't had a chance to really look at it closely but we are taking it out this weekend and will check it out then. It seems that the front cover of the door can some how slide off or be removed to give acces to the lock and try to repair it but I'm not sure. Has anyone in the past had this problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks!

2. ex-tenters

ex-tenters New Member

We have the Dometic 3-way fridge, and our latch had to be replaced a couple of years ago. The latch is real easy to replace - just a single screw. I don't recall if the latch part on the door or on the fridge itself is what we replaced. Any RV store should have the latch assembly.

There are essentially 2 positions for the fridge door - slightly open for when the PUP is being stored or the fridge is not in use, and the locked or fully closed position.

WL

3. JAprilson

JAprilson New Member

Cool...I will be passing by a camping world this weekend...I will stop in and check to see if they have the part! Thanks!

Cheers

4. ex-tenters

ex-tenters New Member

Good Luck - I hope that CW can deliver!

They're usually kindof snobby (i.e., not PUP friendly). So, try not to mention that you've got a PUP, just say you need the latch for your RV fridge.

WL

5. EV2

EV2 Member

Most were designed for a pin before the plastic latch was added. With the latch removed you may find that you can insert a locking pin to secure door fully closed.