3rd Annual 2018 Northeast PA Rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by shelmily, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jroo

Jroo New Member

I got you some good stuff you can enjoy tonight... it is in the fridge as we speak... I can't wait to get down there, set up and crack open a cold one...

2. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

DSC_0074.JPG
    Just took the chicken thighs out of the smoker and have them cooling a little before putting them in the fridge!

3. VTRailroadguy

VTRailroadguy Active Member

Well, something has come up and I won't be able to attend this year. Not sure I can properly verbalize my disappointment, so I'll just wish all of you a great weekend. Hopefully I'll see you in VT in September.

4. Jroo

Jroo New Member

We are all sorry to hear that... you guys will be missed. What happened, couldn’t find the right cat shirt?

Ductape likes this.
  5. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Well we are gonna miss you guys. Its too bad too, we we're gonna invite Conner to stay with us tonight. You blew it buddy!

6. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Just got service on my phone. Really disappointed that you couldn’t make it! Found out from the family that was pulling into your site around 3ish. Thought you were arriving early! :(

7. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Missed having you guys there. Certainly wasn't the same without the crew...Jake may have been the most disappointed. Hopefully we'll see you in VT!

We made it home in about 4 hours. Little bit of traffic, a pit stop, and a stop at Stew Leonards (The World's Largest Dairy Store). Plugged in to shore power and just to humor myself, tried to switch the fridge over to electric and IT WORKED! So I can only assume that we either jostled something out of whack and it got jostled back into place or we weren't getting enough power from the pole at the campground. No clue but it seems to be working. I still took everything out of the fridge and I'll keep an eye on it to see if it switches over to LP.

8. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Hey all, got back around 3:30 ish total travel time with stops 7:05 Moving time was 6:24 hit a slow down East of Hartford, dang CT drivers dont know how to drive LOL

Mike thanks for hosting, Great to meet some new faces and see the usual Riff-Raff See everyone in CT, ME or VT

9. DJS12354

#CrankyDave [:D]

Strawhouse likes this.
  10. DJS12354

Joy and I (#Not Cranky Dave )had planned to stay until 1 or 2,but felt the heat building quickly and decided to take our time packing up and tearing down. Stopped by the park office to let them know we were out (Just in case someone had our site booked and wanted to get on early.) Then meandered home on our 50 minute drive. (We took the long way [:D] )

Thanks to Mike for hosting and to every one else for making Joy and I feel welcomed and a part of things. Special Thanks to Pat (@Strawhouse) for keeping us on schedule and not laughing (too much) at my efforts to get our pup backed in!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at next year's NEPA Rally!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Our drive back was a lot easier than on the way down. All will be pleased that my hitch is now nice and quiet!!
    Josh, when some one pulled into your site, That doesn't look like Josh's camper, did Josh buy a Suburban? That guy IS NOT JOSH!!!
    Steph, glad your fridge decided to obey!
    So great seeing everyone again and already looking forward to CT. Nice to meet some new faces as well as the usual.

12. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

got home around 2, all unpacked , then cut my grass , glad to meet you all, especiially popup steve for the first time, finally. thanks mike, see you at the East Coast DOG

13. shelmily

lad everyone made it home safely, Still waiting to hear from Pat though. We made it home safely as well. We should all be glad we weren't 45 minutes south on Wednesday night. We drove right by were that tornado went through, it really tore things up. I would like to thank everyone again for coming, if it weren't for everyone coming, I wouldn't put on a rally. It is always good to see what has become my camping family, and great to meet new friends as well. I'm also glad Steve was able to make it up this year. Steph, I would still get that fridge looked at. you know it will die in the middle of July on you! It was a great weekend with the exception of a little wind, the weather was awesome. I'm glad everyone had a good time, and I can't wait to see everyone again. We will see some of you at the CT in July. Keep an eye out for a new thread for the 2019 NEPA rally in about a month. PA has an 11 month reservation window, so I will start it up soon. Thanks again to everyone.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mike, for putting on such a great rally. We can't wait to come again next year.
    I'll be bringing my 200 foot hose again!! Unless Pudge brings his bladder again.
    We went through 2 full tanks of water. I'll be looking at economizing in the future.

15. shelmily

Granted I was there a few days longer than you, but yeah we went through 2 full tanks of water also I had to dump with my 27 gal tote once on Friday morning, and we were still 3/4 full when we left on Sunday. I did take 2 showers in the camper, but very quick ones. The rest is just excessive use.

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I filled on Friday and dumped with my 42 gallon on Sat and refilled fresh then again. There were a couple of showers. But yeah. Excessive use.

17. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

yea, i saw that. you could see the path from the highway, shopping plaza got hit pretty hard.

18. shelmily

By the way, I still have no slide out power. I had to manually crank it out last night to unload. Luckily I was able to lift the kayak up enough to lay on my stomach and get under the couch to put the crank in. I didn't get a chance to investigate last night. I have read that there is a 30 amp fuse under the camper for the slide. I will be checking that out tonight.

19. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

my slide fuse works loose all the time, always got to push it back in. big silver looking 30 amp fuse in my rig. if yours is the same

20. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Geez. That just plain sucks. Keep me up to date. I'm curious. Maybe replace it with a self-resetting circuit breaker. If it is the fuse, one wonders why it pulled enough current to pop a 30A. Was cranking it out excessively hard? Lube stuff up while you're under there maybe.