3rd Annual Illinois Fall Rally October 9-11 2015 - Morraine View State Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
Illinois 2015 Fall Rally dates have been set!
Dates: October 9-11
The rally will be held in Loops P and F. Since the loop is nearly fully, E1-4 and E11-13 are close to the loop.

I will be working out more of the details soon, but wanted to get the date and location information out there. Of course we will have a potluck, raffle and activities for the kids. I would also like to get together for a group hike or fishing outing at some point during the rally. More details will be coming in the next few weeks. Look P is the outside sites, Loop F are the sites on the inside of the loop. I have reserved site P18 for the family, and will be reserving one of the inside sites as the rally site. I'll post that when I've completed it.

Tyreguy

Apr 8, 2012
Fall rally already? Holy crapcakes batman! Our pup hasn't even dried out from the Waterworld adventure (aka the Spring Rally) yet...

What am I gonna do? The Shittens are all sold out!
Rest assured, I will be bringing Gore-Tex insulated rain gear...and full chest waders this time.

exploreco

Super Active Member
Jun 20, 2013
Central, IL
Tyreguy said:
Fall rally already? Holy crapcakes batman! Our pup hasn't even dried out from the Waterworld adventure (aka the Spring Rally) yet...

What am I gonna do? The Shittens are all sold out!
Rest assured, I will be bringing Gore-Tex insulated rain gear...and full chest waders this time.
We aren't going to need any of that Tyreguy. No rain this rally, lol. Mine is finally dry and can and can put it down.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

mls15000

Jul 24, 2013
Just booked site 21. Wanted to get a jump on one of those lake side sites :)

Planning on arriving Thursday evening and checking out Sunday.

EPGs

Sep 18, 2014
We just booked site P14. We are hoping the slight grade isn't too much of a slant but wanted something on the outer circle. Robin, I honestly thought that if we booked next to you again you'd think we were weirdly attaching ourselves to you (hehe). So we went a few away (plus we wanted a bigger site, if possible, based on the map).

When I just booked our site, these were shown as reserved sites; P14, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21. And site F5.

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
EPGs said:
We just booked site P14. We are hoping the slight grade isn't too much of a slant but wanted something on the outer circle. Robin, I honestly thought that if we booked next to you again you'd think we were weirdly attaching ourselves to you (hehe). So we went a few away (plus we wanted a bigger site, if possible, based on the map).

When I just booked our site, these were shown as reserved sites; P14, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21. And site F5.
P14, 17,18, 21, and F5 are all from the group for sure. If P19 or 20 are with the group, they haven't reported here. Anyway, we are already to 5 people attending! I think I will probably be booking site F3 or F2 for the rally site.

homan1

Apr 19, 2015
Okay there are 6 of us again but the max on site is 4 do we really need to book two sites?

homan1

Apr 19, 2015
Thanks Mike I have site 22. And we are all one big happy family. Lol. Praying for no rain this time or snow. Want to get out and meet people from the group. The ones we did meet were awesome. Hoping pandacamper come I have a gift for them. They saved our family from being ice cubes on Saturday night.

Yooperwannabe

Super Active Member
Mar 31, 2006
Clinton, Illinois
Homan, you will be fine with on site. We had 3 adults and 6 kids last year and no problems. Have never had a problem with family size, knock on wood, but have always stayed at state or county parks. :)

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
dguthery said:
I had site 19 last year, and it's booked already. I won't be able to book my site until the middle of next week :(
That sinks. I'm sure some good sites will still be there.

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
By the way I am strongly considering reserving a shelter for the potluck just in case. It would cost $25 and seems like a good insurance investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.