3rd Annual Illinois Fall Rally October 9-11 2015 - Morraine View State Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandpcamper

Lifetime camper, newer to pup
Jun 25, 2012
I got P16, I wish I'd known that there were other sites on the inner loop. I would've gone to loop F but it seems so far away from bathrooms. I do remember some discussions last year about the map being messed up- Now I do after making reservation. I hope that P16 is an ok site- hopefully it's really gravel and not dirt this time as compared to the Spring Rally.

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
pandpcamper, most of the sites are grass with gravel drives. The only ones that I recall with much dirt are some of the lakefront sites like the one that I reserved.

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
We had a nice relaxing day at the park yesterday, and I decided F2 would probably work well for the rally site so I reserved it this morning. The site has a larger fire pit and looks like it should work well for the rally site.

I also checked out the shelters and chose to reserve the Honker's Island shelter for the potluck in case of inclement weather. It't the closest shelter to the campground that was available (there is one closer but it's already reserved). It also is right across the road from the lake and has a playground right next to it. We may want to consider using the shelter for the potluck regardless of the weather since it has electric, might be easier to set up for all of us to eat, and has the playground right there. The downside is the short drive to get to it.

Another reminder: Sites in the F loop are still available! The map is messed up and they won't appear unless you search specifically for that loop. You must choose to search for loop F to see them on the map. Under the "Narrow Results" tab, choose Loop F and click Apply.

exploreco

Super Active Member
Jun 20, 2013
Central, IL
CamperMike said:
We may want to consider using the shelter for the potluck regardless of the weather since it has electric, might be easier to set up for all of us to eat, and has the playground right there. The downside is the short drive to get to it.
I agree with you Mike, I think the convenience of all the seating was nice and as our group continues to grow that extra seating space that a pavilion can allow might be nice and provide convenience. Plus, like you said, it takes the guess work out of the weather. The cost is minimal amongst members, if there is a cost.

mls15000

Jul 24, 2013
I agree too with the shelter. The park is a huge plus to occupy our kids while the adults enjoy their time.

pandpcamper

Lifetime camper, newer to pup
Jun 25, 2012
Thanks Robin. Do you remember if we have a decent site? I guess we could change if we need to. I think for now I will leave it. I can't remember what that loop looks like. We did walk through there last August. Hope you central IL folks aren't getting too wet today.

Peggy

Bigpopper2008

Oct 9, 2013
Add another to the list. System said I reserved F4 and just got e=mail conf. Says slight grade, but that was what Turkey Run said and it was like at the limit on stabs. Someone better put a limit on ladybugs this year or M will have to bring a shop vac. Are we pretending its Halloween?

CamperMike

Super Active Member
Sep 27, 2012
Bigpopper said:
Add another to the list. System said I reserved F4 and just got e=mail conf. Says slight grade, but that was what Turkey Run said and it was like at the limit on stabs. Someone better put a limit on ladybugs this year or M will have to bring a shop vac. Are we pretending its Halloween?
I don't think there is much of a grade on that site. I'm not sure on whether we should allow the kids to trick or treat since it is awhile before the holiday.

ill.plainsman

happy, happy
Jun 21, 2012
Champaign Illinois
popper you should have no problem with side to side but you might want 2 - 2"x12" up front just to be safe. the ones out of level tend to be on the east side. P21, 22,& 23 I think. [2C]

Bigpopper2008

Oct 9, 2013
Thanks, I think that is the site BAPU was on last year so we should be fine. I'll bring a few extra sticks just in case. I just hope it stops raining by then or the mosquitoes will be the size of hummingbirds.

steve7-4

'I'd rather be camping'
Aug 26, 2014
Northeast Illinois
Hello all,

We have reserved F9 for Friday and Saturday. This will be our first Rally that we are attending. We are long time tenters and picked a N2U PUC late last summer. My wife and I would like to learn more about what to expect while we are there. I have been on this great site for many months, studying many aspects of pop-up camping. Hope we will be able to learn from many of you.

Regards, [PU]

Status
Not open for further replies.