3rd Trip under our belts, Lake Rudolph,

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by flash82, Aug 28, 2009.

1. flash82

flash82 Member

Well, we did our 3rd trip last weekend. It was the longest distance so far, just about 3 hours (we hit some construction). Headed to Lake Rudolph, IN. We have rented there before when we went for Halloween but this time it was so nice to bring our own!! Did Holiday World amusement park on Sat, another place we have gone before (they are right next door).
    Of course the kids had a grand time, both at the campground and park...and so did Mom and Dad!! We had a nice lake view which we are going to try for again. Didn't seem like there were so many golf carts down there. They can get a little crazy around the campground.
    A pop-up pulled in Friday late evening but I think one of his beds was stuck. We heard some hammering, looked outside and he was beating the camper rails up. Poor guy. Again, no complaints (yet) and TV performed great. Still can't get over how well it tows.

Here are a few pics:
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/574360088cJsJoJ

2. BrendaD1123

BrendaD1123 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love looking at other people's camping pics! Looks like you had a great time. Your dog is adorable, lol! I especially like the pic of him peeking out the bunkend. :)

3. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Good looking pics, Rob. Glad y'all are enjoying the camper!

4. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

We love Holiday World. We camped last summer close to the pool, small site, no shade, at the intersection on three roads. I thought it was a horrible site and the boys loved it ("you can see everthing from our camper"). We want to go back again and camp on the lake.

5. iitrg

iitrg New Member

Holiday World and Lake Rudolph are great! This will be the first year with our PUP there, as we have rented the past 4 years.

We have the first week in August (M-F) reserved with four other neighborhood families/friends (they are renting up the hill from our spot). We travel down from Indy on Monday, enjoy the park Tues., Wed., & Thurs.; then head back on Friday. We find that the park & CG are not as crowded during the week.

We are near the pool as you start heading up the hill. We rented close to there our first year and thought it was just fine. Decided to be there with the PUP so the trek to our friends' gathering spot won't be as bad if we were in the wooded area near the lake.

6. New2PUP

New2PUP Member

Sounds like you had fun! :)