4 mile state park 2019 rally

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by vagov, Jul 18, 2018.

date poll for 4 mile creek state park rally

Poll closed Sep 1, 2018.
  1. june 28-30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. july 4-7

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. july 12-14

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

ok got it, guess I can make a pecan(less) pie.

2. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

thanks dave

4. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

Allergies aside, since my daughter has a peanut allergy. A pecan(less) pie is sacrilege, it’s immoral and down right criminal. Don’t know what you’re thinking John. :) by the way, pecan pie is my favorite thus my opinion of the pecan(less) pie.

Still figuring out what to do for the potluck, we may be down for the falls as I think that was on the agenda but just the US side since the kids don’t have a passport. We want to take the kids on the Maid of the Mist, I think they’d get a kick out of it.

Rob

5. crosbys2008

Just watch out for Pat, he’s trying to shift the blame on poor innocent Crystal. [LOL]

Salandrew, Strawhouse and phager76 like this.
  6. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Please put me down for lasagna & garlic bread.[CK]

algonquingirl and Salandrew like this.
  7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

lasagna and garlic toast noted...sounds great!

8. crosbys2008

I’m already salivating over the potluck foods, not cool. I’m still trying to come up with something.
    Talked with Steph, she’s down the Falls on Saturday but definitely wants to do the maid of the mist. Who else would want to do that? Might be a little wet but then again we’re camping with @phager76 so we might be a little wet anyways. [:D][:D][:D] So glad you’re a good sport Pat.

Looking forwarding to seeing new peeps and getting together with old ones, missed you John at Pats rally in the spring.

Camp on,

Rob

Salandrew and phager76 like this.
  9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Count us in for maids of the mist, haven't done it in 20 years , and my daughter never has so it should be fun for her.

Salandrew likes this.
  10. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Me and Kath are in for the maid of the mist, can or should we buy tickets now. , wondering if they offer a group rate.?

Salandrew likes this.
  11. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Yes, I’m interested in the Maid of the Mist!

12. Sjm9911

13. Sjm9911

Ok ,on further reading the group rate, still no reservations, is 2 $ , cheaper a ticket, but the whole group of 20 must be present at the same time. Might not be worth 4 bucks to have restrictions on ticket use.

14. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

wow only a month away, looking forward to the mountain pie cookoff Friday night, Saturday maid of the mist boat ride, and of course the Saturday night potluck! plus meeting new and old friends again!

15. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

Our annual group camp trip to 4 Mile was last weekend and here are some observations for the group.
    The bridges over the entrance to the park are being worked on. The means that the exit from the south/west on the parkway is closed. If you are coming from Niagara Falls/Buffalo area, you will have to exit on RT 93 and take it east to RT 18. From there, you will go north/east until you reach the park entrance. It's only a couple of miles.
    The camp store is open and has daily hours. They had firewood and ice along with normal camping and food things there.
    The nearest supermarket is in Lewiston, right off the parkway on RT 104. Youngstown does have a Rite-Aid Pharmacy though and they do have a food and beverage section.
    I found a number of "road side" places selling firewood. Most of them had 3 bundles for $10.
    The campgrounds are wet!! The area has had a lot of rain this year and the sites show it. The good news is that for where the rally is being held, those sites are for the most part dry. You may find some wet areas in your site but not as bad as some of the others in the park. Also because of the wet grounds, cutting the grass has been a problem in some sites.
    Because of the wet weather, bugs are a nuisance!! A lot of mosquitoes. Also ticks. My wife had one crawling on her and we had to remove one from the dog. Becareful with them.
    I had site 225 and our friends and family had several others to the east of me and across the road.
    If anyone has a question, just post it and I will respond as best as I an. I hope you all have a good time there.

Sjm9911 and Strawhouse like this.
  16. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

thanks for the info Dave, been raining a lot here in PA as well, but hopefully the sun will start coming out more often from this point on. thanks for the info on the road construction, i will be coming in I90 into Buffalo, so the detour from that point helps.

daveo1289 likes this.
  17. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

daveo1289 likes this.
  18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun Rally, I like 4 Mile SP - went to a Rally there 9 years ago. Not getting back to WNY anytime soon :sad:
    Suggestion re pecan pie substitute - oatmeal pie. The one I make is an Indiana Amish recipe. I now prefer it to pecan, and my niece requests that as a Christmas present every year. anyone interested, pm me with your email and I'll send you the recipe.

19. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

bluegrass 2 cancelled her site, SO SITE 235 IS NOW OPEN! and in the middle of the PARTY!!!! LAST CHANCE TO COME JOIN US!!!!!!

20. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

got a call from my sister, wanting to come up and stay with us for the weekend. I called the reservation office, they said its fine for her to stay on my site in a additional tent, so she and her boyfriend will be arriving late Friday night, staying to sunday, and will also be joining us for the maid of the mist boat ride on Saturday.

Sjm9911 likes this.