$400 Photobucket Ransom

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by JustMePatrick, Jul 5, 2017.

1. JustMePatrick

JustMePatrick Member

FYI to anyone who uses image sharing website PhotoBucket.

They have decided to block hotlinked images hosted on their service and charge a $400 ransom per year to unblock these images. [!]:shocked:

That means if you have posted IMG linked images on here from Photobucket in the past, they are now being blocked by Photobucket and replaced with a different image.

As you can imagine there is kind of an Internet Firestorm that has been brewing.

See: https://twitter.com/photobucket/sta...4?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

And

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07...-lot-its-users-with-sudden-payment-demand.htm

I would suggest you move any images and albums to other free hosting services.

2. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Or upload directly to the portal...

3. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

Duplicate post on this subject, but so far, I have been untouched (in regard to photobucket :D). But really don't care what they do, since I have been slowly progressing to another online hosting site and slowly deleting my photobucket photos due to how slow photobucket has become in the past six months. Also deleted a bunch of photos last week that might have been linked to a few messages here, but did it cause I wanted to delete the photos from another website.